• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-FR4000 CWID questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamptonbeach

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have an IC-FR4000 UHF repeater, and I can't find any setting to change the CWID speed (WPM)
What it's set now to is excruciatingly slow and unusable.

By contrast, I recently programmed an IC-FR5000 and a setting for speed was clearly available.

Also, a problem my IC-FR5000 has that I'll assume the 4000 will have also is ...
When the repeater is idle, I don't need the CWID, however the repeater belts it out at the set interval 24/7.
Is that the limitations of the machine, or am I going to have to get a real controller? .....

12dbsinad

I believe the time setting is under DTMF settings. Try playing around with those timers (it's been awhile).

You are correct, as in it will ID all the time with the set intervals regardless of traffic or not. Ran into this issue with these before and ended up installing a Midian morse ID board so it would ID only after traffic or a key-up, otherwise it would be silent. Otherwise great repeaters. Excellent audio!

Good luck

hamptonbeach

Premium Subscriber
Solution found.
Actually it's in the expert section of the common settings
Instead of a normal box to input the CWID speed in WPM .....

In the CWID section there is an entry called "dot period"
The help section says:
"For the tone period that has been set,
the keying speed is fixed according to the dot-dash ratio which is fixed at 1:3,
and the following default format is used for the ID transmission;

1 dot spacing between the keyings (set by itself)
3 dots spacing between codes (set by itself)
2 letters for a [Space] set between words (set manually)

*Example*
In the case of 25 words per 1 min.;
60 sec ÷ (8x25) = 30 msec

In the case of 100 words per 1 min.;
60 sec ÷ (8x100) = 7.5 msec
--------------------------------

Really? To make it more confusing, the 'dot period' field is entered as a decimal,
so you need to change the 30 msec (in the 25wpm example) to .0300 and the 7.5 msec to .0075

kb9gxk

Premium Subscriber
My problem is that I can't get it to ID on regular intervals. I use my FR4000 for temporary repeater use at events (Under Business Band). Would anyone be able to check the configuration if I made the file available?

kb9gxk

Premium Subscriber
To set the ID interval, go to Common Settings > Common 3
Edit the IN/OFF Interval Timer.

I've tried that. I've also found other documentation. I'm wanting it to ID based off of Power On, not necessarily usage. Attached is a copy of the config. I am using version 1.4 of the CS-FR3000 software.

Attachments

• Repeater.zip
    2 KB · Views: 107

hamptonbeach

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure 1.4 is the only CPS out there.
But, I'm not aware of any way to have the ID start on initial power-up, nor have it stop ID'ing after a specific time of inactivity (something I'd like it to do)
You might need to get a real controller to do what you want.
The "IN/OFF Interval Timer" is set in minutes (not seconds as the help section says)
So I believe you have your ID set to every 10 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.