• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom IC-4161DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Just received an Icom IC-4161DT the other day, I just ordered the cable and I'm awaiting the software. This will be my main NXDN radio for ham radio as well as a nice scanner for LTR. Just curious if anyone has ever played around with this model radio and your thoughts on it. Also any hints, tips, or tricks you may have come across. I have played with NXDN in the past, but sold the radio for future project funds.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Love it! the F4161DT is my primary HAM/GMRS rig. I also have several F4161DS's for work loaners. Lots of NXDN in Tampa Bay. If you need any help just send me a message. Since you're local I can send you my codeplug and help you enabling a few features.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Just got the software so I will get to writing up a codeplug or if you send me yours Ill get to work adding some more stuff..Always nice to start off with at least a basic cp to see how the programming works etc.

stevelton

Lots of 4161ds in our group here in Southern IL. My everyday radio, plus my 6061d mobile. NXDN is what we use to coordinate activities during our hamfest.
Steven

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good! So far the radio seems to work pretty well with no apparent issues. My APX is my main carry as it fulfills both vhf and uhf and due to the great amount of p25 repeaters in the area. Two sites around me have nxdn and sofar I am able to confirm that one site works just fine on this radio.

Jimbo695

Love it! the F4161DT is my primary HAM/GMRS rig. I also have several F4161DS's for work loaners. Lots of NXDN in Tampa Bay. If you need any help just send me a message. Since you're local I can send you my codeplug and help you enabling a few features.

Hello, Mr. French. My 4161DT will be used primarily for monitoring NXDN. Any idea where I can find a summary of the settings to apply specifically for that purpose? No transmit frequencies; conventional single frequency users; setting up scan groups. Also, is there any way to program a frequency range and have the unit simply scan that range? Thanks for any help..

luckygecko

Some HTs (that have the multi connector) support NXDN transparent data mode. Does anyone know if the Icom IC-4161DT can pass data in that mode?

luckygecko

Hello, Mr. French. My 4161DT will be used primarily for monitoring NXDN. Any idea where I can find a summary of the settings to apply specifically for that purpose? No transmit frequencies; conventional single frequency users; setting up scan groups. Also, is there any way to program a frequency range and have the unit simply scan that range? Thanks for any help..

I have not seen a way to scan a a frequency range. As for the no transmit part, I had to ask how to do this on the Kenwood (Just leave the TX field blank). But the Icom has a TX Inh box for each channel that can be set to an 'i', to stop transmitting. It gives back an error tone.

As for scanning, I am still not sure I understand how scan lists, and the settings work. I got it to work, but I fiddled with so much, I am not sure I can help you. This thread has some hints, that might apply: https://forums.radioreference.com/icom-land-mobile-radio/213750-f5061-programming-scanning.html

Status
Not open for further replies.