RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio - Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2017, 4:50 PM

Default IC-F70DS Programming Software

Ive got the CS-F70/1700 Revision 2, from 2004-2005.I'm using it for a IC-F70DS. It reads the radio and populates all the areas in the information area, but wont read the radio channels and programming. It gives an error "no answer from transceiver".But it reads the radio information for the serial number and firmware version. Any ideas on what could cause this? It does it both on the Adjust program and Cloning Program.

Last edited by TabascoTX; 03-30-2017 at 5:57 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2017, 8:22 PM

What is the firmware of the radio? More than likely your software is outdated for the F70 you are trying to program.
Old 03-30-2017, 8:41 PM

I believe its revision 3. Programming software is 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2017, 9:02 PM

That's a later radio firmware revision. You'll need cloning/adjust V2.2.
Old 03-30-2017, 9:59 PM

What is the best option for obtaining V2.2? Is it something I'll have to purchase from an iCom vendor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2017, 10:47 PM

I'd purchase from an Icom dealer. If there is one in your area, give them a visit and have them quickly read/write the radio with their software before purchase. Of course, if they do this for you, purchase the software from them
Old 03-31-2017, 9:13 AM

OK. I'll look into buying software. I've got 4 of these and are looking at getting possibly 20 more to replace some of our old HT1250's. Our Fire Channel's are probably going digital soon,so we I need to be able to program them on the fly without having to go 30 miles away to dealer every time.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:29 PM

The problem is that i need to program on the fly. Our Dept is switching over to Digital in the next couple of years and we needed new radios to replace our HT1250's. So rather than have to buy new radios or upgrade down the road we're going to buy Digital now so we will be ready. I dont really want to have to take our radios 30 miles every time we need to add a channel or make a change. Plus the shop will charge us every time we take them there. That's why i was wondering if anyone had the software here.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabascoTX View Post
OK. I'll look into buying software. I've got 4 of these and are looking at getting possibly 20 more to replace some of our old HT1250's. Our Fire Channel's are probably going digital soon,so we I need to be able to program them on the fly without having to go 30 miles away to dealer every time.
Ok Found the 2.2 software from 2007., and it pulls the radio info, but i keep getting a "no answer from transceiver". Its the same error i got with the older versions of the software. Revision 3 firmware, LMR P25,9-21-2009 manufacture.. This is really frustrating.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:19 PM

OK, well figured out what the issue was. Radio is Programmed for Law Enforcement. Basically for lack of a way to describe it the channels are set to "self destruct". You can upload to the radio with fresh channels, but the previous programmer inhibited the ability to read the current channels. I really hate when radio shops do that crap to keep people from programming their own radios. We will never buy anything from that shop again.