• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-F70DS Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

TabascoTX

Ive got the CS-F70/1700 Revision 2, from 2004-2005.I'm using it for a IC-F70DS. It reads the radio and populates all the areas in the information area, but wont read the radio channels and programming. It gives an error "no answer from transceiver".But it reads the radio information for the serial number and firmware version. Any ideas on what could cause this? It does it both on the Adjust program and Cloning Program.

Last edited:

12dbsinad

What is the firmware of the radio? More than likely your software is outdated for the F70 you are trying to program.

12dbsinad

That's a later radio firmware revision. You'll need cloning/adjust V2.2.

TabascoTX

What is the best option for obtaining V2.2? Is it something I'll have to purchase from an iCom vendor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12dbsinad

I'd purchase from an Icom dealer. If there is one in your area, give them a visit and have them quickly read/write the radio with their software before purchase. Of course, if they do this for you, purchase the software from them :)

TabascoTX

OK. I'll look into buying software. I've got 4 of these and are looking at getting possibly 20 more to replace some of our old HT1250's. Our Fire Channel's are probably going digital soon,so we I need to be able to program them on the fly without having to go 30 miles away to dealer every time.

TabascoTX

The problem is that i need to program on the fly. Our Dept is switching over to Digital in the next couple of years and we needed new radios to replace our HT1250's. So rather than have to buy new radios or upgrade down the road we're going to buy Digital now so we will be ready. I dont really want to have to take our radios 30 miles every time we need to add a channel or make a change. Plus the shop will charge us every time we take them there. That's why i was wondering if anyone had the software here.

TabascoTX

OK. I'll look into buying software. I've got 4 of these and are looking at getting possibly 20 more to replace some of our old HT1250's. Our Fire Channel's are probably going digital soon,so we I need to be able to program them on the fly without having to go 30 miles away to dealer every time.

Ok Found the 2.2 software from 2007., and it pulls the radio info, but i keep getting a "no answer from transceiver". Its the same error i got with the older versions of the software. Revision 3 firmware, LMR P25,9-21-2009 manufacture.. This is really frustrating.

TabascoTX

OK, well figured out what the issue was. Radio is Programmed for Law Enforcement. Basically for lack of a way to describe it the channels are set to "self destruct". You can upload to the radio with fresh channels, but the previous programmer inhibited the ability to read the current channels. I really hate when radio shops do that crap to keep people from programming their own radios. We will never buy anything from that shop again.

Status
Not open for further replies.