• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM emergency override?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRMotors

Hi All,

I have a couple of 6062D's, 1700's 3020's and 2000d's.
My question is if it is possible to have one handheld override all.

For example, I have a car and a handheld communicating through channel 1, car 2 with handheld on channel 2 etc. Now as the overseeing Dungeon Master could I contact everyone in one push of a button?

I have all necessary programming software etc. Unfortunately it does come with a Manual.

Any help is apprciated.

Ko

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Those radios can only transmit on one frequency at a time, so from the way you described it, no.

What you could do is use the scan function to scan both channels. There is still a chance you'd miss something, but it's a cheap/easy solution. Transmitting radios will not hear your traffic. Receiving radios would hear it IF the scan function was turned on and the radio was set up with a priority channel setting that it would look back on periodically.

To -really- do what you want, one options is to use a trunking radio system.

JRMotors

Thanks for the reply mmckenna!

What is the Scan function? I found it but what does it do?
And what do you have to do to scan multiple channels?
Sorry I am a newbie.

And the other way around? is that possible?
So that one radio could hear transmitions from say four frequencies at the same time?
Providing they do not transmit at the same time of course....

Thanks again for the help!

clbsquared

The scan function is just that. It scans a list of channels programmed into the radio. If each scan list has channel 1 set as the priority channel, whenever there is traffic on channel 1, all radios will revert to channel one to receive the priority audio. Regardless of traffic on any other channel. The scan setting has a feature which allows the radio to "check" the priority channel at a pre set time interval while audio is being received on another channel.

JRMotors

The scan function is just that. It scans a list of channels programmed into the radio. If each scan list has channel 1 set as the priority channel, whenever there is traffic on channel 1, all radios will revert to channel one to receive the priority audio. Regardless of traffic on any other channel. The scan setting has a feature which allows the radio to "check" the priority channel at a pre set time interval while audio is being received on another channel.

Ah! Thanks!
So how do I enable the scanning? And where do i set the interval?

clbsquared

Ah! Thanks!
So how do I enable the scanning? And where do i set the interval?

You enable it in the CPS. You assign each channel to a scan list. It should be a column in the same row as the specific channel settings. There should be a tree selection labeled "scan". That is where you will find the scan settings and scan list. You have to create a scan list first, before you assign the channel to it. If I remember correctly.

JRMotors

Cheers! okay, i found that.
I made channel 1 ab priority.
Now if i transmit on channel 1, all the other channels will recieve that??? Or do i need to change autoscan to ON?

Or do i need to change something in the SCAN settings?

clbsquared

You need to program all of the other radios the same way. And in order for it to work. All of the other radios must be scanning. Simply put, all it does is force the radio to receive the priority channel whenever there is traffic on the priority channel. But it only works if the radios are in scan mode. And unless you need 2 priority channels, I would just use priority A. Not A/B. The later is for having 2 priority channels with 1 overriding the other.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

clbsquared

There is an explanation of Scan and Scan settings in the CPS help menu. It goes into more detail than what I have said.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

JRMotors

Thanks again for your help CLB.
Is it possible the other way around? So that one handheld can listen in on multiple frequencies?

JRMotors

Okay I'll try and fiddle around with those settings.
Thanks for all your help CLB!

What is your phonenumber if i get stuck? ;-P

clbsquared

Okay I'll try and fiddle around with those settings.
Thanks for all your help CLB!

What is your phonenumber if i get stuck? ;-P

Just send me a PM with a link to your codeplug, and I'll take a look at it if you get stuck. Use a file sharing site like MEGA or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.