RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio - Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 10:50 AM

Default Icom F5021 Digital radio traffic

I recently acquired an Icom F5021 to listen to my fire department which I am an explorer at. All Fire/sheriff in the county are vhf analog systems. But the City of Canton Ga, which is the city closest to me uses vhf NXDN for their police. I had their old vhf frequency put in (cause why not) and while going through all the channels and as I past by Canton pd, I heard traffic so I paused and listened and it surely was Canton pd. And it was digital radio traffic...does anyone know why I can hear this? And no they do not simulcast their dispatch. It's trunked NXDN.
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2017, 2:24 PM

First of, do you have the 5121D or just a regular 5021? They make that same radio analog only (5021) or NXDN digital/analog (5121D/5221D). They all use the same identical chassis.