RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio - Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2018, 6:43 PM

Default IC-F70 programming no answer from radio

Hello all. Iím struggling to program an Icom IC-F70DS. I have the version 2.2 software, version 2.6 on the radio, a usb programming cable and it will not connect with the radio. The light on the programming cable blinks as if itís trying to connect but there is no difference if the radio is connected to the cable or not. I get the no answer from radio message. Iíve programmed numerous other radios but this one is kicking my behind any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2018, 8:28 PM

Are you using a OEM cable?
Old 02-11-2018, 8:50 PM

It came with the radio that I picked up. It doesnít say icom on it though so I donít believe so.
Old 02-12-2018, 7:25 PM

It more than likely will require a driver to be installed for the cable to work. Did it come with a disk or anything? Without the driver you'll be dead in the water..
Old 02-12-2018, 7:32 PM

I downloaded the driver for the usb cable, and it looks good in the device manager. When you click read or write, there is a little green light on the cable that flashes a couple times, but it doesnít matter how f the radio is hooked up or not, it comes up with the exact same error. Iíve done a ton of other radios and had no trouble. I had to set it aside for a day to regroup. Usually the solution is staring you in the face but frustration makes you not see the obvious. Certainly not giving up though lol!
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2018, 8:41 PM

Success! I took the usb end of the cable I had apart, and found the TX wire was not soldered. Tapped it with the iron, and the radio and cable are working fine! Thanks for those who helped and hopefully this may help someone down the line.