• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM IC-FR4000-3 No audio on transmit

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew81d

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I just recently purchased a used ICOM IC-FR4000-3 (450-470MHz) repeater to use on the GMRS band as a community repeater. It powers on and I am able to read/write to the repeater using the CS-FR3000 software, I have programmed my desired freq and Tx/Rx PL tones and when I key up using my HT it activates the repeater and the repeater transmits but there is no audio just a dead carrier. I have check my HT's in talk around mode and can hear audio just fine so its not that. I am waiting on a mic to try and operate the repeater in base mode but it will broadcast the CWID and that can be heard over the air. One additional thing, it appears that it may have been hooked up to some type of controller and when I opened it up it has a Receiver Line Card (1RC) which is soldered into the accessory port card and attached to the RLC at Audio In, COR In +10-15VDC, and Ground. I don't think it is stock. Not sure if that has anything to do with it? I have tried some basic trouble shooting, adjusting the squelch, checking the power at +8V Reg etc. Not sure what the receiver line card is for either? Any help or suggestions in this would be appreciated. Thanks,

12dbsinad

Check the coffee bean(s) (trace) on the board and see if they have been cut. If a external option board was at one time plugged in it would would require this to send the appropriate TX and/or RX audio to the unit. If the board gets unplugged and it doesn't get soldered back (bridged), you won't get any audio.

This is just a possibility. Difficult without seeing it. I wish I had the service manual in front of me, I could tell you exactly which ones to look for.

matthew81d

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestion... I have the service manual and have been trying to trace the audio and have found this update:

I have since gotten a mic for the repeater and what I thought was a dead carrier wasn't. The PTT on the mic doesn't work to activate the repeater but if you use an HT to activate the repeater there is no audio from the HT but instead the audio comes from the repeater mic and when you un-key the HT the repeater has a 5 sec hang time in which it still transmits audio from the base mic.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.