• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F2000D and Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD0TY

Has anyone successfully gotten encryption working on these? I'm working with a Kenwood system, exploring the possibility of adding iCOM radios, and so far I've been able to get everything to work correctly between the Kenwood radios and the F62D, but the F2000D doesn't act right. It will decode the encrypted audio, but when it transmits the other radios can't decode it. I can't get it to even work right on simplex between it and the F62D. I'm assuming I'm missing something.

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
F2000D does not use a Key ID like the Kenwoods and F62D and it's CAI v1.2 only except for Lone Worker .
Kenwoods and the newer F62D, F4400 uses CAI v1.3 by default but will do v1.2.
(Digital ---> Expert) Then you can change the CAI but only for the Lone Worker on the F2000D

It you really want to use the F2000D's you will have to change all to CAI 1.2

From Help FIle:
If you select "CAI v1.3" and transmit a call with the Low Level Encryption function, the transceivers with the old version (CAI v1.2) cannot receive any call.

I attached some screen shots.
I hope this help.

Attachments

• F62D-LLE.jpg
    F62D-LLE.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 115
  • f52D-Encryp.jpg
    f52D-Encryp.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 108
  • F2000D-encryp.jpg
    F2000D-encryp.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 110

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Here is the KENWOOD SIDE OF TALKING ENCRYPTION

Version 1.3 on the icoms fixes the little issue.

however:
KEY ID and KEY DATA HAS TO MATCH.
That being said, if you have a key ID 1 and data of 12345, that has to be the same on the Icom.
I had the issue when the key ID was another number and shoved it into line 1 of the icom. That will not
work. not Line 13 with 12345 and line 1 with 21210 (example)

Have you tested it using key ID 1 and data of just 1 for testing?

I know this is a old thread, but some input to help out.

AD0TY

Sorry all, I sorted this out pretty soon after I posted. TRNcommLLC is on the right track. The F2000D does not use a KID because it uses the older version of the CAI. The easiest solution, if anyone else has this issue, is to use a KID of 0. This will allow both Kenwood and ICOM radios that use the newer CAI to be compatible with the F2000D.

Status
Not open for further replies.