• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom F30GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0cdg

I'm in the process of programming a bunch of Icom F30GS portables that were received by a local rural fire department for their use. The original owner cleared all of the programming out of the radios except the zone/bank names.

I have built the codeplug with 8 zones in it, but I can't find anywhere in the CPS that allows me to change the zone/bank names. I am using version 3.1 of the Windows CPS.

Is there a newer version of the software or perhaps a different CPS that will do this?

Brad

12dbsinad

Do not believe you can assign zone names with this model. If so, I would be under Memory channel, Zone operation tab.

FYI, this is one of the first models that CPS operated in windows, from PC DOS on prior models. It was never really updated, and soon went EOL many moons ago. Although, they are a decent performing radio, just don't expect all kinds of bells and whistles like current models.

kc0cdg

F30GS

I sort of wonder then if the DOS version of the software will change the zone names. Whoever the radios came from had zones that were named in them. When they wiped the programming out, they did not change the zone names or blank them out. This is why I know you can change the names but it doesn't appear to be supported in the Windows version.

Thanks for your response.

Brad

12dbsinad

Are you sure they are not scan list groups? Those you can assign different alias to and have them change with a programmable button. I just looked at 3.1, could not find anything to name the zones.

kc0cdg

Yep. Positive they are not scan groups. The radio is configured so the bank/zone select will page through the different zones and the names were previously set on the radio. However this was done, I have no way to change it. The Windows software appears to have no way to change the names.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.