RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio - Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2018, 7:48 PM

Smile IC-F50V mute PTT 2-tone issue

I am very new to the forum. I have searched all over the forum for a solution with no joy. Here is my problem. I have programmed my channel 1 in the F50V for our Fire Dept 2-tone page out. I have hit the tx inhibit and the "and" in the mute for ctcss tone. Everything works good, I dont hear anything on channel 1 unless the 2-tone page out with the right ctcss tone. I got the voice record setup for 60 seconds and the vibrate. All works well on the last two page outs. The problem is, if I bump the PTT button, the monitor/audible icon shows up on the display and it now hears everything, cancelling all the mute features. The radio won't transmit, but it now lets everything through the speaker , like our automated daily system test, that I dont want to hear. I cant get rid of the little speaker icon with sound waves coming out, unless I turn off the radio and turn it back on. I have searched high and low in the programming software and only found a PTT function in PMR, but I have the radio set up in LMR. I need some help here.
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2018, 9:50 AM
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

This is just off the top of my head....in the CPS go to Common setting, they Keys I think and set one of them to 'Moni' (I think that's what it is). If I recall correctly that will toggle monitor mode on and off.
Old 09-09-2018, 9:18 PM

Thank-you for the reply. I tried your suggestion and programmed P1 as MONI in Key & Display.
Hitting PTT still causes the radio to disable all mute functions and still display the speaker (Audible) icon on my page receive only channel 1, but the new P1 (MONI) key does turn off the audible icon. This is still not ideal as I would like to have channel 1 as a pager channel and not have anyway of hearing audio unless the 2-tone page goes off. Have you got any other ideas how to disable the PTT from doing anything on this Tx inhibited channel ?
Old 09-09-2018, 11:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

You need to set one of your keys as a monitor button. Then go to the CPS choose Memory CH.
Go to your bank that the channel is in.
Down at the bottom you want Moni selection set to this to "Both"

Push to select the "Inaudible" mode.
Hold down to select the "Audible" mode by disabling any mute functions
Its hard for me to see exactly whats going on without seeing the code plug, I hope this helps

Last edited by Blackpointcorp; 09-09-2018 at 11:11 PM..
Old 09-10-2018, 10:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If you want to disable PTT on that channel.
Go to the software and go to the channel. Then go to (TX inh) and select
This will inhibit TX on that channel

Give that a try
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2018, 9:48 PM

I can't find the moni settings at the bottom of the zone memories. Is there a version issue here maybe?
I have rev. 3.1 software for F50V and 3.2 firmware in the F50V.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Mentor
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm not seeing those options either, using 3.1.1 MM CPS and FW.

BTW... if you want to upgrade your radio to the MM firmware (Minitor Mimic) let me know and I'll send you the FW updater. I really like it myself... the extra notification tones are really slick.
Old 09-12-2018, 4:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PM me and we can go over your code plug and the settings.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:00 PM

Thank-you very much Forts for the updates files. The update went very well. Super easy to complete. So now my F50V has rev.3.6.1 firmware and rev3.1.1 CS-F50V software that I loaded my codeplug with. I still have the PTT issue with my channel 1 pager only channel. I am hoping someone has run into this issue and has a fix.
Old 09-16-2018, 5:57 PM

So here are the options as far as the PTT is concerned:

The first option is to program a monitor reset button. If you accidentally hit the PTT and turn on the speaker icon, hitting this button will reset it without having to turn the radio on/off. This may or may not be acceptable to you. For me, it works fine because if I want to unmute and hear traffic all I have to do it hit the PTT and I am monitoring on a RX only channel.

The second thing that can be done is to turn on the auto reset. This will auto mute if the PTT is depressed. It's time is selectable. However, the bad here is after the tone and any RX traffic, the radio will reset automatically. This may or may not be an issue for you. I can go in to more detail here if this is something you'd like to do.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:52 PM

Thank-you 12dbsinad for your info.
I understand the 2 options you mentioned, but that still isnt the best for me. I have a Kenwood from our Fire Dept that has the page function set up with tx inhibit on a "page" channel and it works great with no way of cancelling the mute until the 2-tone goes off. I am shocked that the F50V has no way of eliminating the PTT issue.
Old 09-17-2018, 7:10 PM
Mentor
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

So I definitely see the same activity on my radio that you're experiencing... I've got our dispatch channel setup as RX only, however I typically keep my channel open so I can hear if our other stations go out. Other than setting a button for Moni to reset it... I don't see any way to prevent the PTT from opening it up.
Old 09-17-2018, 8:23 PM

I'll have to do some more checking, but I'm pretty sure the PTT issue is a no fix. I've been playing around with F52D/F62D stuff now, so don't mess with F50V stuff as much anymore.

If you have the means, check out a F52D series. It's a F50V only better! Built in bluetooth is very cool as well..

Tags
ic-f50v, lmr