• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom F21 Programming Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
Im not sure if i put this in the right forum section but thats ok. Does anyone know how to put the Icom F21 into programming mode so I can read it and program it from my pc. Ive looked in the maual and in the software and it doesnt say how to do it. Any help would be appreciated! :)

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Might help if you told us which of the four different 'F21' models you're talking about, and what you intend to program.

Last edited:

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
SkipSanders said:
Might help if you told us which of the four different 'F21' models you're talking about, and what you intend to program.

Its the LMR 16 channel... Im just programming using the CS-F11 software

SkipSanders

Silent Key
If it's the IC-F21, that software should work, probably you have a connection cable problem. If it's the IC-F21S, you aren't allowed to use that on GMRS, if that was your intent, and I don't know any special tricks about it. It's significantly different internally from the F21, F21BR, and F21GM.

pogbobo

SkipSanders said:
If it's the IC-F21, that software should work, probably you have a connection cable problem. If it's the IC-F21S, you aren't allowed to use that on GMRS, if that was your intent, and I don't know any special tricks about it. It's significantly different internally from the F21, F21BR, and F21GM.

well since he said it was 16ch it cant be the F21S b/c it only has 4 channels, but still, why couldn't you use that for GMRS?

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
There is no "programming mode" you just conntect the cable and turn the radio on, then read the radio, make your changes then write to the radio. It is very simple.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
eastcare said:
There is no "programming mode" you just conntect the cable and turn the radio on, then read the radio, make your changes then write to the radio. It is very simple.

I had a feeling thats how it was gonna work. Thanks!

SkipSanders

Silent Key
The F21S is not certified for Part 95, only part 90. Nor is the OP licensed, apparently, for GMRS. The WIPN329 in his signature is not a valid FCC license, and his name pulls up no license either.

Last edited:

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
SkipSanders said:
The F21S is not certified for Part 95, only part 90. Nor is the OP licensed, apparently, for GMRS. The WIPN329 in his signature is not a valid FCC license, and his name pulls up no license either.

Im pretty sure the license has expired over a year ago. I dont use GMRS anymore so im not gonna bother to renew it.

pyrox

Cs-f11

hi Mr. Skip, can you please tell me where I can find and download the CS-F11 software? Also I just want to clarify if this software can "unlock" our radios. You see, we only have 1 (one) channel on our ICOM F-21 when in fact it should have 16 channels. Can this program the radio and give us more channels? Many thanks.

WA6TWJ

I also have a GMRS license WQZS778. I am wondering if anyone else has had problems trying to program the IC-F21 16 Channel Hand Held radio with the ICOM CS-F11 Software Running under Windows 10. I don't remember having all the issues that I am having now, since I upgraded my O.S. to Windows 10. The help file I used to use inside the CS-F11 program no longer works. And when I try to read or write to the radio I get an error message talking about the right cabling. I am using the proper cable for the radio. So the only conclusion I can come to is, maybe I need an older computer with an older operating system to get the ICOM CS-F11 Programming software to work correctly? Anyone have any thoughts on how to get around this problem when using Windows 10 as an operating system. Is their newer Software out there, or a software patch, or driver(s) update now to solve this issue regarding the use of Windows 10 and the CS-F11 Software etc? If you an using this Software without the problems I am experiencing please tell me which operating system you are using to do so? Thanks in advance for your help. Also need to know if their is a FRIENDLY Land Mobile Radio Dealer I can work with regarding these issues. My Old Land Mobile Radio Dealer sold their business and the new people are not helpful at all. Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.