programming software for IC-R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

unspoken

Premium Subscriber
newbie user. Just picked up an IC-R6 a while back and I am looking for software. I thought ICOM had a package, but I can't find on icomamerica.com. I have been poking around Radio Reference and found the software page, but did see any for the IC-R6 outside of Arc6. Are there others that are either open source or commercial?

Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm pretty sure RT Systems sells such, but the big thing there is that it's not compatible with the web service that would allow you to import conventional freqs from our database with a premium subscription (cheap)....

Mike

unspoken

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I'm just looking at options. I'll likely go with Arc6. It seems to be the only one I can find that will work with the IC-R6 and can pull in the radioreference DB as well.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Butel's offerings are pretty darn good. I think they have a downloadable free trial if I remember right. And to my knowledge, there is no other R6 software other than what's been mentioned already.

(Now, this is way above my head, but if only Butel would make software for the Mac!)

VK2GEL

Gday would anyone know if the R6 uses the same software as the 208h please?

Thanks, Grant

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Gday would anyone know if the R6 uses the same software as the 208h please?
The official ICOM programming software for the R6 is CS-R6 (CS meaning Cloning Software).

It is my experience that ICOM writes specific software for each model.

--
Comint

tugw

Butel arc6

I have been trying to use the Arc6 on my R6 -- it only halfway works. Spent many hours trying to get it to work --- will only upload small files. Bought several cables, even the Icom one --- no success. I order the RT systems software today, hope it works. Have come across many bad reviews on the Arc6 . It is a shame I use several of the other Butel porgrams and they work great.

Any words of wisdom from other R6 owners???

EddP

I had problems at first. I found the way round it was to reset the radio, download a file (which must work). Edit that. Before changing anything always download a working file (no reset needed)

There was a problem with something that I can't remember, that if edited with the software made the r6 fall over.

Status
Not open for further replies.