CS-R8600 Clone Software Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Have tried continuously to install the CS-R8600 cloning software but continually stopped by the error

Connected receiver is not compatible model.

Check the following:
-Appropriate cloning software for the receiver is being used.
-The revision number of the receiver.

I have followed Icom directions to include first installing appropriate USB drivers prior to software install. I am using windows 10..and firmware is 1.30

Any suggestions appreciated.
David

kruser

Premium Subscriber
But my CD says "CS-R8600 V1.2"

You are at the latest version and don't need to update the software.
Just make sure the firmware in your R8600 is at 1.10 or higher otherwise the software will not read or write to the radio.

You can install the software correct?

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Ok,
FINALLY got it going. This was simply so frustrating process. I have been working on this since last Friday. The problem is, you need to upgrade to version 1.2!
Even though my CD says "CS-R8600 v1.2, the software is v1.00. There is no update on the CD. The biggest boo-boo Icom makes in the directions, it does not tell you you need to go to Icom website and download the 1.2 update. The directions that comes with the CD only gives you the instructions what to do after you have the upgrade file.
I thought for sure it was a USB cable issue and had purchased a new cable, but that didn't help

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Ok,
FINALLY got it going. This was simply so frustrating process. I have been working on this since last Friday. The problem is, you need to upgrade to version 1.2!
Even though my CD says "CS-R8600 v1.2, the software is v1.00. There is no update on the CD. The biggest boo-boo Icom makes in the directions, it does not tell you you need to go to Icom website and download the 1.2 update. The directions that comes with the CD only gives you the instructions what to do after you have the upgrade file.
I thought for sure it was a USB cable issue and had purchased a new cable, but that didn't help

Good Deal!

When I bought my software from HRO, the disc did not have the CS-R8600 folder or software on it at all!! It only contained the USB drivers and that was it.

Instead of calling HRO, I decided to call Icom directly in hopes they could give me a link to download it. No such luck, they had to send me a new CD. This was not all that long ago and version 1.2 had been on their website for a pretty long time when this happened but the CD I received was still version 1.0 and was also marked as V 1.0 so I at least knew I had to upgrade the software after I installed it.

That is pretty silly your CD said version 1.2 but it was still really 1.0.

Oh well, glad you got through the frustration and got it working.

A good comment about Icom, when I called and told them my software CD did not have the software on it, I figured they would make me go back to HRO but nope, they listened and sent me a new CD out priority mail with no questions asked or even any form of proof of purchase.
The person I spoke with did say I was the second person with this same issue of a CD without the software on it.
I guess being as they had a report about this that I was probably legit.

Their quality control for software must not be very good if they ship disc's with the wrong version printed on them or ship disc's with no software on them!

vince48

Premium Subscriber
yea, but the instructions are much to be desired. This is typical Icom. My PCR2500 manual was about the same, some of the instructions regarding the functions were .... confusing.
Anyway, glad i got it working, but I wasted a lot of time when the simple fix was upgrade the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.