R8600 Scan Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
So I'm trying to set scan for two second delay while holding on the signal, like a scanner. What the manual tells me and what the radio does are two different things. Manual says push rotary A for a three choice panel. Mine only says Scan Resume on or off. In addition, the choice for scan resume is not on my radio. Did something change? Between the manual and when I got the radio? Firmware is 1.20

prcguy

When mine is scanning a bank of channels and I press the upper left knob in I get a menu for scan speed, prio intvl and resume time. That menu seems to be there in VFO mode also. My screen shows 1.32 at boot up and I presume that is my firmware ver.

So I'm trying to set scan for two second delay while holding on the signal, like a scanner. What the manual tells me and what the radio does are two different things. Manual says push rotary A for a three choice panel. Mine only says Scan Resume on or off. In addition, the choice for scan resume is not on my radio. Did something change? Between the manual and when I got the radio? Firmware is 1.20

AOR-262

@N2MWE

When 'Scanning' or running a 'Programmed Scan', if you want your IC-R8600 to pause on a stopped memory channel or when it stops on an active frequency during 'Programmed Scan', try this setting ...

Press 'Dial A'
Touch 'Resume Time'
Turn 'Dial A' either clockwise or anti-clockwise so that 'Resume Time' reads '2s'

Turn 'Dial A' once/one click clockwise
Turn 'Dial A' clockwise until the 'Pause Time' reads 'Pause Time HOLD'

___

I would recommend you update your Firmware to the latest version.

If you purchased your IC-R8600 from a United States dealer, use the USA Firmware update ...

Firmware Updates / Software Downloads | Support | Icom Inc

If you purchased your IC-R8600 outside of the United States, update your firmware using the Non-USA Firmware update ...

Firmware Updates / Software Downloads | Support | Icom Inc

toad99

Premium Subscriber
Quick Push gives Scan Speed / Priority Interval / Resume Time
Long Push gives Scan Resume On / Off
Rotate sets Pause Time

Resume Time is like a scan delay.
Pause Time is like a forced scan resume after so many seconds.

This is with firmware 1.32. I think some of the setting selections changed a few updates ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.