Software for R30 receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
I received the following response, very quickly I might add, to an email asking when the R30 software might be available:

Greetings John,
CS-R30 is available now and you can purchase it from any local Icom Dealer.

Click here for information regarding Warranty Registration, Service/Repair Authorization form, Knowledge Base & Technical Support: Support - Icom America

Note: Mention of third party products or services is provided for customer convenience and does not imply an endorsement or quality assurance by ICOM America.

Sincerely,
Harry
Technical Support Representative
Icom America, Inc.
12421 Willows Road NE
Kirkland, WA 98034

Problem is I haven’t been able to find it anywhere. Does anyone know a retailer selling the CS-R30?

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Update on CS-R30 software

Received an email from Icom today. The CS-R30 software is out of stock and they are waiting on a shipment from Home Company (Japan).

Universal Radio said they did have a few copies a while back but sold out of them. HRO has none and waiting on a shipment.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Received an email from Icom today. The CS-R30 software is out of stock and they are waiting on a shipment from Home Company (Japan).

Universal Radio said they did have a few copies a while back but sold out of them. HRO has none and waiting on a shipment.

Thank you for the update.

Hit_Factor

Universal said they expected a shipment of the Icom cs-r30 on 8/15. However, the way the message was written left lots of wiggle room.

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
Don’t know if you guys saw this over on the Software forum, but Gommert posted a message saying that he HAS developed software for the R30 and the 8600!!! If I read the message right, the R30 software will be available soon and the 8600 software a little later!
https://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-programming-software/372532-butel-software-ic-r30.html

Thanks for that - this will be useful when I get my IC-R30.

Side question: is it really necessary to use the cable provided RT Systems in order to use the RT Systems software?

Last edited:

palmerjrusa

Side question: is it really necessary to use the cable provided RT Systems in order to use the RT Systems software?

I have the RT software for the ic-r8600 and just used an old USB cable I had lying around and had no problems communicating with the receiver back and forth.

Just a warning here, the RT software only allows you to program 20 groups. You can't access the remaining 80 groups through the RT software. Am pretty ticked off over that, radio software is supposed to enhance the utility of your receiver not diminish it.

In other news Butel has announced forthcoming software for both the ic-r30 and ic-r8600 Icom receivers:

Butel Software

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
First avaible? - Butel , RTSystems or Icom .

I think Butel's software is the best. I just hope they're not the last one to release.

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
I’m using Butel’s software for my new IC-R6 and also like using it a lot. Seems more accessible than Icom’s offering. However, I’m only able to successfully load about five to seven new frequencies at a time from the software to the radio with Arc6.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber

I don’t know. As far as I know RT Systems hasn’t released the R30 software yet. My guess is yes. They require their own cable for the 8500.

Hit_Factor

I don’t know. As far as I know RT Systems hasn’t released the R30 software yet. My guess is yes. They require their own cable for the 8500.
My 7300 uses a regular USB cable with the RT Software. There are some similarities between the r30 and 7300 USB interface. It just might run without a proprietary cable.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
We now have a beta version that should do basic R30 memory channel programming and RR imports of some digital modes.

All users who pre-ordered at our website in the past days should have received info by email how to access the beta. It is still work in progress but you should be able to upload memory data. A SD card is required as the beta uses USB file transfers.

Gommert
Butel Software

palmerjrusa

We now have a beta version that should do basic R30 memory channel programming and RR imports of some digital modes.

All users who pre-ordered at our website in the past days should have received info by email how to access the beta. It is still work in progress but you should be able to upload memory data. A SD card is required as the beta uses USB file transfers.

Gommert
Butel Software

Purchased and am trying it out!

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Got my copy. This may be a beta, but it’s wonderful to be able to make bulk changes and import from RR!

Status
Not open for further replies.