R30 display light

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
It is ALWAYS possible I’m doing something wrong, but I don’t seem to have the display set to light when the squelch is broken. I have the Display menu set to “Auto” but the display light still doesn’t come on unless I have the menu set to “On”.
Any advice?

tumegpc

It is ALWAYS possible I’m doing something wrong, but I don’t seem to have the display set to light when the squelch is broken. I have the Display menu set to “Auto” but the display light still doesn’t come on unless I have the menu set to “On”.
Any advice?

Yes! I got it to work for P25 .

Display-Backlight-Auto
Display-RX Hold
Display-Digital RX Backlight-ON

I will try more settings later to see if I can get it turn on analog squelch break.

oceans777

Listener
Backlight, analog squelch activation?

So it only turns on the back light auto for P25 or digital? I've found no way to get it to squelch auto-on for conventional - appreciate if anyone knows how to do this. That's got to be in a future firmware update I hope if not possible now.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
So it only turns on the back light auto for P25 or digital? I've found no way to get it to squelch auto-on for conventional - appreciate if anyone knows how to do this. That's got to be in a future firmware update I hope if not possible now.

You’re right. For some iunfathomable reason it doesn’t turn on for analog signal reception.
I’ve been in touch with Icom USA who said they would forward my request to the engineers for a possible firmware inclusion.

oceans777

Listener
You’re right. For some iunfathomable reason it doesn’t turn on for analog signal reception.
I’ve been in touch with Icom USA who said they would forward my request to the engineers for a possible firmware inclusion.

Grateful to know this, thanks and I'll add my voice to the request too.

Status
Not open for further replies.