TMac20

Apprears to be free which is great.

Attachments

• Icom.jpg
    Icom.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 391

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I'm a little confused. They developed a bluetooth app that requires you to take your phone out of it's holder or a pocket to control a radio that is meant to be carried on your belt and is just as easily accessible ?

bgav

I'm a little confused. They developed a bluetooth app that requires you to take your phone out of it's holder or a pocket to control a radio that is meant to be carried on your belt and is just as easily accessible ?

I’d rather take my phone out while listening to my R30 using Bluetooth earbuds than take my R30
off of my belt from under a jacket, in a holder connected to an external antenna, etc.. What if I want to monitor discreetly and not walk around openly holding/carrying a scanner?

Giving users a *free* option is a bad thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

TMac20

I’d rather take my phone out while listening to my R30 using Bluetooth earbuds than take my R30
off of my belt from under a jacket, in a holder connected to an external antenna, etc.. What if I want to monitor discreetly and not walk around openly holding/carrying a scanner?

Giving users a *free* option is a bad thing?

--------------

Its really a game changer very versatile. Sept for iOS and Oct for Android from what I am told.

oceans777

Listener
Outstanding, love this. Great that Icom is offering iOS/Android apps and adding this to an already excellent receiver.

Noticed with the upcoming September firmware 1.10 release the following changes are listed - hoping the automatic back light improvement is squelch activation. Be interesting to see what scan edge settings are changed and what battery condition info is added:

● Remote control operation with RS-R30I/A .
● Automatic backlighting is improved.
● Some restrictions of program scan edge settings are eliminated.
● Skip function is improved.
● Duplex check function during the memory scan is added.
● Duplex scan function is added.
● Memory group and group link settings are connected.
● Channel UP/DOWN is available across channel groups in the Memory mode.
● IC-R30 and VS-3 audio connection can be automatically cut when there is no audio.
● Volume of a Bluetooth® headset and the IC-R30 can be separately set.
● Battery condition information is added.
● The record file management system is improved.

Last edited:

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
This is going to look so good running on an Ipad or tablet.

And I'm liking what the new firmware has to offer.

Thank you Icom !

ZL1UOJ

I have the IC-R30 and are very happy with it. It would be nice that in a future firmware upgrade DMR is added.

Status
Not open for further replies.