icom 8600

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry120

hi i am new to the forum but would like to know if i could re install my old firmare 1.32 on my radio have 1.33 at the moment serial no 03

kruser

Premium Subscriber
hi i am new to the forum but would like to know if i could re install my old firmare 1.32 on my radio have 1.33 at the moment serial no 03

Yes, you can downgrade the firmware version.
Follow the same procedure for updating the firmware but to downgrade, just select the 1.32 file.

I keep all firmware versions on the SD card in my 8600 so I can quickly change versions if I think there may be a problem with the running version.
I have a 32GB card and with all FW versions on the card plus a ton of saved system settings files, my card is still only 2% used. I guess if you do a lot of audio recording, you may not want to keep the FW files on the card.

I don't do audio recording so my SD card is virtually empty.

Why do you want to downgrade if I may ask?
I know there seems to be an issue in 1.33 where some audio is not clear. I actually noticed that before reading a post here that mentioned it. After reading that post, I also went back to 1.32. Other than the possible audio issue with 1.33, I can't say I observed any other issues.

One other thing, if you downgrade below 1.10 I think, some software control or memory management programs will probably not work unless you also have older versions of those programs.

Edit: What country is the 03 version of the R8600?

Status
Not open for further replies.