IC-R8600 Firmware decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

SemperFi1811

Greetings All,

Been a happy camper with the 8600 a little over a year.. Not a tech guy here but I have and do read all the postings, reviews and material I can find on this radio. As it goes I have hearing issues and wear hearing aides.. I did purchase the SP-23 speaker.Wasted money on that I did. Am currently running 1.33 firmware.
have made all firmware upgrades as they are released without any issues. To possibly improve sound quality would like to remove the present firmware and re-install the 1.32 as it had been reviewed as solving some
sound quality issues..No need to invest hundreds on high end speakers. My question here is: Can I go back to 1.32 firmware safely, without issues??? I'm sure this question was posted here before but I"ll be darn if I could find it....Again thanks for any suggestions here......

prcguy

The 8600 should just overwrite the existing firmware with whatever you send it whether its older or newer.

Greetings All,

Been a happy camper with the 8600 a little over a year.. Not a tech guy here but I have and do read all the postings, reviews and material I can find on this radio. As it goes I have hearing issues and wear hearing aides.. I did purchase the SP-23 speaker.Wasted money on that I did. Am currently running 1.33 firmware.
have made all firmware upgrades as they are released without any issues. To possibly improve sound quality would like to remove the present firmware and re-install the 1.32 as it had been reviewed as solving some
sound quality issues..No need to invest hundreds on high end speakers. My question here is: Can I go back to 1.32 firmware safely, without issues??? I'm sure this question was posted here before but I"ll be darn if I could find it....Again thanks for any suggestions here......

SemperFi1811

Thanks, did follow the advice posted here. Formatted SD card, downloaded the firmware from Icom that I was looking for, and then let the radio do the firmware update... No problems here, everything running according to plan, just needed a little re-assurance...again....thanks!.

Status
Not open for further replies.