ARC30 vs IC-CSR30

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQ

What can the IC-CSR30 do that the ARC30 can't? Or vice versa?

Last edited:

CQ

Bueller? Crickets...

So far I'm unable to import the auto memory write channel into ARC30. That is one of the more important features I'd want. Wish there was a way to sort columns too.

Real-time logging is missing and also no way to import receive log from the R30. This is actually one of the reasons I got software for the radio.

The BuTel software appears to be a memory editor; you can't edit the R30's configuration. Icom's free Android RS-R30A allows configuration editing but haven't gone in and tested much yet. I'd hate to use two platforms to perform all functions. There's also no way to grab the recordings unless you go in through File Explorer and dig into the recording directories.

The IC-CSR30 appeared to be really basic and $80 didn't seem to be justifiable. Anyone have anything different to say about it?

I noticed RT Systems had the WCS-R30 for $25 and appears to have what I want with auto memory and radio menu. I use their software on transceivers and it's good stuff but wouldn't expect them to have logging like BuTel typically does. Should have waited and saved myself the $15.
https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/Articles.asp?ID=647

CQ

Thanks...I saw some of it a bit back before I made this one, but thread got cluttered and drifted off.

Still don't believe you can do anything with logging or retrieving with icom's software. Also didn't see mention of auto memory write channel access, editing and transferring with the icom software.

Grabbed RT Systems' software and did what I wanted to do within minutes as expected. Except of course for logging which they really don't. BuTel's clunky import/export feature will keep me from using it unless they add logging (and control) like their other models.

- - -

The Android RS-R30A is pretty much just a control application with very limited settings to edit. In case anyone is wondering, audio is not streamed to it which would have been a bonus...too bad you can't hear audio from up to around 30 ft. away. Better crank up the speaker and annoy others around you.

The RT Systems software also doesn't delve too deep into all the settings so you still have to use the radio to edit the majority of its settings.

Perhaps you have to shell out $80 for icom's software to do that but still need verification from others that it will actually let you modify ALL settings on the radio from the software.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.