R8600 Any dPMR or DCR Activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStep

The digital modes on the Icom R-8600 include dPMR and DCR. Are those modes widely used anywhere here in the U.S.? Tuning around quite a bit, and have not come across any digital radio traffic that seems to be employing those modes.

Thanks in advance.

Ubbe

I have yet to hear any dPMR in my location. It's hard to find anyone selling them. They use DMR and NXDN on our free frequencies as those radios are of a more professional quality. The kids in the area uses cheap legal analog $25 gas station radios but also some Baofeng radios on its factory installed frequencies where they are not supposed to transmit.

/Ubbe

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
There is no dPMR or DCR modes used in the United States officially; however, in and around major tourist attractions such as Walt Disney World in Orlando, you may pickup some international visitors from Europe or Japan using radios they’ve brought with them. Note, dPMR is Europe’s equivalent to North America’s NXDN mode with some subtle differences. I’ve disabled dPMR and DCR on my R8600 here in the United States to make for faster switching between our supported digital modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.