R30 Firmware Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3CI

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to update my R30 firmware but have hit a snag. I don't know much about windows 10 so I probably made this harder than it needed to be but I did successfully download the software and managed to unpack it zip files (I think). I copied the files over to my R30 SD card and everything looked OK when I checked the SD card with Windows Explorer. When I tried to actually do the firmware upgrade, the R30 kept returning the message "no file". I put the new file exactly as shown in the Icom manual, but still no joy.

If anyone has had this experience and knows what to do, I would sure appreciate a hint.

Thanks in advance and 73.

billybob

Premium Subscriber
Is this a new SD card? I think I had to format the SD card and then move the firmware file to get the R30 to recognize the card.

56FB666

Bear Caretaker
To update the firmware first check that you have the correct version of the firmware.

Save the receiver's data onto a separate micro SD card, or onto a PC using the optional CS-R30 before doing the update. It is possible that your data could get lost or corrupted during the update. Thoroughly read Section 2 (microSD CARD) of the "ADVANCED MANUAL" for details.

Thoroughly read Section 9 (UPDATING THE FIRMWARE) of the "ADVANCED MANUAL" before starting the update, and follow the instructions displayed on the IC-R30 LCD screen.

N3CI

Premium Subscriber
I finally picked up a new micro SD card, formatted it, and went through all the firmware updates steps: it worked. Thanks guys for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.