Boise listening (esp. near Gowen Field)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Hi all- I am headed to Boise for work in a few weeks. I'm going to be staying near the airport and working at NIFC. Besides the fed/military stuff, what else to listen to in the area? I know LE is all encrypted, and I'm not keenly interested in local FD traffic.

Thanks

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Ada County Sheriff and Boise PD are not encrypted on their dispatch TGs. Only their other talkgroups are encrypted. Unless it's changed.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Pretty routine traffic

FD traffic is out there and EMS but since several agencies use MDT's ( fir many years) cuts down on routine voice traffic. Canyon county LE is encrypted,

Elmore and Gem , Boise, Valley counties still on UHF. (LE) FD is pretty routine except with there is a working Fire.

Not like my recent trip to PA which was almost constant traffic both FD, EMS and LE

KE6ALV

FD traffic is out there and EMS but since several agencies use MDT's ( fir many years) cuts down on routine voice traffic. Canyon county LE is encrypted,

Elmore and Gem , Boise, Valley counties still on UHF. (LE) FD is pretty routine except with there is a working Fire.

Not like my recent trip to PA which was almost constant traffic both FD, EMS and LE
Is Fire back to simulcasting on VHF? I'd prefer to listen to them live on my HT instead of the feed.

Sent from my VS425 using Tapatalk

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
No Sumilcasting

Not that I have heard on my HP-2 over the last year or two. Canyon has some VHF traffic for Caldwell but limited.

I believe all P25 FD agencies (Ada and Canyon counties ) have dropped that feature

JM.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Canyon county does sumilcast

FD's are doing both P25 and VHF sumicast as of yesterday.

Only Canyon County FD's that I have heard which is Nampa and Caldwell,

Elmore county FD and LE is VHF and UHF you should hear them from your QTH

Marsing and other ruralCC FD's might be also

Gem county FD is VHF.... not to much activity

Best of luck on the VHF/UHF scanning

John

Status
Not open for further replies.