Elmore County unit numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to the Elmore County Sheriff live stream lately from out of state. I'm trying to figure out who I'm listening to. The 2XXX units seem to be Idaho State Police and the 1XX are either sheriff or MHPD or both. There seems to be some small fire departments on there too. Is it unusual for a sheriff's office in Idaho to dispatch for the state police? This dispatch office seems to do it all. Appreciate any info.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
I've been listening to the Elmore County Sheriff live stream lately from out of state. I'm trying to figure out who I'm listening to. The 2XXX units seem to be Idaho State Police and the 1XX are either sheriff or MHPD or both. There seems to be some small fire departments on there too. Is it unusual for a sheriff's office in Idaho to dispatch for the state police? This dispatch office seems to do it all. Appreciate any info.
The 2xxx units are county/local units and not ISP. ISP units are dispatched from their own dispatch centers, although local dispatch centers can communicate on ISP frequencies when necessary. ISP unit designations are based on individual officer designations, not on fixed beat or assigned designations.

SO units in Idaho can and do handle traffic accidents/complaints/stops on local/state/interstate highways and many times are the first on scene as ISP units are sometimes few and far between.

One dispatch center for all county agencies is not unusual for Idaho counties. Usually depends on population.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I did hear 22XX units being dispatched to I84 for accidents and traffic hazards, so assumed it was ISP, but probably sheriff deputies as you suggest. I think the 1XX units are Mountain Home PD. Also have heard 25XX units which I believe are fire department units. It is fun trying to figure this out though.

sc2142

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info. I did hear 22XX units being dispatched to I84 for accidents and traffic hazards, so assumed it was ISP, but probably sheriff deputies as you suggest. I think the 1XX units are Mountain Home PD. Also have heard 25XX units which I believe are fire department units. It is fun trying to figure this out though.

2525, 2518,2517, Are ambulances, I think 2516 is ambulance also, As for ISP, You usually do not hear them on Elmore Frequencies, You can tell ISP Apart from Elmore units as they sound deeper and more clearer. I do have ISP Programmed on the same scanner as Mountain Home, And Elmore County, So you will hear them every now and then. As for Fire, Sometimes you will get Little glimpses of Fire chat on the Mountain Home, And Elmore Scanner, However, You will hear Most, If not all of Fire traffic on the Fire scanner: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/24438 The only time Fire guys talk on the Mountain Home, & Elmore Frequencies is if they are trying to get a hold of Dispatch if they cant on the Fire Frequency.

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
25XX are Elmore Paramedics

22XX are ECSO units

1XX MHPD

Ive heard 26XX units also, which i believe to be rescue units for vehicle extrication, etc

2XX units are Animal Control

ive also heard 3XX not sure what they are

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
Youll mostly hear ISP on their Bennett mtn channel 460.3000 which seem to be what they use in that stretch of i84 between district 3 and 4. ISPs are usually 4XX 5XX and 6XX units all throughout the state

Status
Not open for further replies.