Palos Heights Police Officer Found Dead In His Squad Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't a self inflicted gunshot be considered suicide?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't a self inflicted gunshot be considered suicide?

They will not make that determination until all the forensics are in, like GSR tests, fingerprints to make sure another person didn't handle the firearm etc. I've responded to many "apparent" suicides over the years, and once it was ruled a homicide because the victim didn't have any Gunshot Residue on his hands. The scene was staged...

TrenchFeeder

They will not make that determination until all the forensics are in, like GSR tests, fingerprints to make sure another person didn't handle the firearm etc. I've responded to many "apparent" suicides over the years, and once it was ruled a homicide because the victim didn't have any Gunshot Residue on his hands. The scene was staged...

That would be some pretty hardcore crime for Palos. However at the same time I don't see many police officers killing themselves while on duty. I go through Palos a lot and they run a pretty tight ship. I will be interested to hear the details of this. Very sad

Edit: I cant find ANY news of this on google I would like to see a bigger name publication say something about it

Last edited:

ilgrant

Given the name of the person that owns the blog I wouldn't put too much credibility in the story until the media picked it up.

TrenchFeeder

Given the name of the person that owns the blog I wouldn't put too much credibility in the story until the media picked it up.

I agree, but at the same time Palos is one of those towns that hides it's crimes to look better. I would not at all be surprised if no mainstream news mention is made what so ever

Squad10

If you're not familiar with the DSLC blog, the owner is a CPD detective. He receives info. from cop fans of his, which probably happened in this case. What he named his blog has nothing to with its content. Except when he presents the DSLC award.

He's not one to goof with a post of this nature, as Trench found out.

Confuzzled

I didn't click on the link in the OP either figuring it was some kind of joke or prank. Hard to take a name like that serious.

Squad10

I didn't click on the link in the OP either figuring it was some kind of joke or prank. Hard to take a name like that serious.

I hope the name of the link didn't offend you or anybody else. The post was made at 7:21am on DSLC blog site. I read the blog at about 9am. Like Trench Feeder, I did a Google search and came up with nothing. Next I checked Chicago Breaking News, as that is the news site where DSLC gets a lot of his news articles from, nothing. I posted the “breaking news” here at RR at 9:22am. Didn't want to post without a link where I got the info. from. I thought somebody might be interested from a scanner listening standpoint. I'm sorry if anybody was offended, if I could have used another link, I would have.

ilgrant

Not offended. Just wondered about the credibility. Others know the credibility of the blog so that is good enough for me.

I always wonder what it is that makes anyone want to take their own life. This is a sad story.

Status
Not open for further replies.