Wind Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILtriker

Premium Subscriber
Lots of activity this afternoon due to the wind and storm in the NW Chicago and 'burbs. Many downed trees/limbs and blocked lanes/roads.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
New T-Storm Watch just went up at 3PM too for WI, MI just north of IL/WI state line. This storm started out in South Dekalb county IL and raced through DuPage into NE Cook Co at 45-50mph. There was a lightning strike injury in DuPage Co IL and several ambulance calls to Wooddale IL at a Middle School where a tent fell on people. A MABAS box 3rd alarm just went out from Wooddale for many injuries. Radar is clear to the west of Chicago right now though

Last edited by a moderator:

ILtriker

Premium Subscriber
Call to somewhere on Sheridan road for a head injury from a tree falling on someone. There was another location that I didn't catch where a tree fell on a car. No injuries reported on that one.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
That thing came out of nowhere even though the humidity and heat are so high. IT Raced across those counties. I'm not surprised people got caught off guard by this one because it popped up so fast and flew by. IFERN has the traffic from the Wooddale MABAS box right now. I'm hearing damage up by Lincolnwood and that area too.

JnglMassiv

I'm here on the far NW side and saw hail one inch in diameter.
It really stormed hard for about 20 minutes.
Sunny now, though.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Nothing but sun all day in Middle Lake county... Rosemonts blow up dome blew over by the Bandits field

ILtriker

Premium Subscriber
That tornado touched down two blocks from where a friend of mine lives. It destroyed a bunch of Willow trees in a park and did some damage to houses. He didn't see any houses completely destroyed but saw limbs down on roofs and a few porches and decks damaged by downed trees/limbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.