dupage county il starcomm 21 updates ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

multiplex

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any info on the status of DUPAGE COUNTY IL STARCOMM 21 talkgroups yet. Who is on what talkgroup . I heard DUCOMM is changing fire department apparatus numbers and each town will have new department numbers, like district numbers. Like LAKE county does and thats my CAROL STREAM has changed their unit numbers to 27,28,29. . Is the fire departments still going to be dispatched on vhf frequencies. If anyone has info , i would be thankful.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The new patches for Dupage FD-PD are listed on the Carma yahoo group......Rich C. also put them on the Carma web site , there using TG's in the 2600 and 2700 series....TG2701-FD No, 2702-FD So, 2703-FD-West, 2704-FD-East.....

multiplex

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I talked to a friend today that said DUCOMM is changing fire department numbers , WEST CHICAGO is suppose to switch to numbers 5.6.7.8. and GLEN ELLYN to 60 series numbers . does anyone have any further info . THANKS !

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
According to a public safety official I heard speak at a local village board meeting on Tuesday, DU-COMM officials have stated that it will be at least April 1st before the DuPage Emergency Dispatch Interoperable Radio System (also shown as DuPage Interoperable Emergency Dispatch Radio System in some documents) is on the air. It would appear that it will be longer before coverage testing is completed and the system has been accepted for 'day to day' dispatch use. Per a DuPage Emergency Telephone System Board (ETSB) document from late December 2011, all of the eight tower sites are installed and operational except for the Wheaton and Streamwood sites.

DU-COMM has the following talk groups patched to their analog police and fire dispatch channels:

2607 - 1 East (police)
2608 - 3 East (police)
2609 - 1 West (police)
2610 - 3 West (police)
2611 - 7 West (police)
2612 - 1 North (police)
2613 - 1 South (police)
2701 - Fire North (limited repeater input traffic)
2702 - Fire South (limited repeater input traffic)
2703 - Fire West
2704 - Fire East (limited repeater input traffic)

At the present time it does not appear that they are using these talk groups for actual dispatch operations, they only repeat the analog channels as listed. Initial reports indicate that DuPage talk groups will be in a range between roughly 2601 and 2750. Other than limited (and mostly unidentified) radio checks, the above DU-COMM talk groups are the only ones that are currently active.

As talk groups are confirmed they will be added to the Radio Reference Starcom 21 database page StarCom21 Statewide Illinois P25 Trunking System, Statewide, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies

To view DuPage ETSB meeting agendas, minutes and documents, go to Agendas & Minutes - DuPage County IL Official Website and Dupage ETSB Interoperable Emergency Dispatch Radio System

Hope this helps...

JT-112

While I'm pretty sure everything is not yet tuned and optimized (or even turned on yet), reception at my location is nil on all P25-capable scanners at this time.

What's even worse is that I'm the coverage area.

I am under the impression that there's another site or two yet to come up, hopefully that will fix things right up. If not, I'm hosed here...

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
yes, a couple of sites have yet to come on line. what part of the county are you in?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Seems at this point there only using T101-Dupage Co, i do not hear the Starcom-Dupage patches on T102 or T119.....Not sure about T115 or T108 as i cannot copy there CC's from my area but i do hear them fine on my RS197 with a RS grndplane up 35' with LMR400 coax....

JT-112

well, then when the streamwood tower comes on line your reception should improve. but if you're using an outside antenna you should be able to hear the system.

Oh, I hear the system fine - it's 5 bars on a rubber duck.

It just doesn't decode. Heck, it even sends my scanner to VCs that aren't on the system.

The rest of Starcom21 is OK, plus WISCOM and ARMER, so it's not an issue with my particular scanner.

I agree, Streamwood tower should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.