CHristian County ESTB 151.430 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9ltw

Test pages for local Christian County Fire Departments being conducted today, Christian County ESTB appears to be paging on this new frequency, several test pages conducted.

SCPD

QRT
Test pages for local Christian County Fire Departments being conducted today, Christian County ESTB appears to be paging on this new frequency, several test pages conducted.

I have been looking for towers all across Sharpsburg area since I heard the power failure all the time. Well, there wasn't one until for the past couple weeks I have seen a orange tower set up. My guess is now, they are testing that tower for the best signal before they put a tall one there? Any Thoughts? I'm not getting the best signal because it's all staticy and stuff still but they are probably working on that with the tower.

SCPD

QRT
I actually have noticed that 151.430 is definitely being used for dispatch now. I heard Dunn's ambulance using it "Medic 3 out at TMH"

SCPD

QRT
I have been looking for towers all across Sharpsburg area since I heard the power failure all the time. Well, there wasn't one until for the past couple weeks I have seen a orange tower set up. My guess is now, they are testing that tower for the best signal before they put a tall one there? Any Thoughts? I'm not getting the best signal because it's all staticy and stuff still but they are probably working on that with the tower.

They put up a new DB224 on the Stonington Elevator Sharpsburg site. Its on the highest point of the leg, on 2 sections of Rohn 25. Same place they used to have their old equipment. There is also another DB highband antenna side mounted on it.

I work on internet stuff on the leg there for Shelby Electric Coop from time to time. There was an issue on the power, due to a breaker that was faulty. It would trip at random times. I know we would monitor power outages on our equipment, and end up having to go up after our UPS units would get low. They finally replaced the breaker. Im guessing that is what you guys were hearing on their power monitoring.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Sorry for late response but as far as I can tell, 151.430 is the new frequency for countywide dispatch. I have not been able to keep a close eye on it but when I do look up there for most pages being dispatched, it's off the new frequency. Morrisonville-Palmer Fire used to still be on the old frequency last I heard but they rarely get calls and when they do, I'm not around to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.