Best scanner for scanning about 20 miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambo613

What do you guys recommend? I live in Lake County IL and want a scanner that has good reception and I will be using in my house/on road sometimes. Also want one that is around 200 $. Thanks

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What do you guys recommend? I live in Lake County IL and want a scanner that has good reception and I will be using in my house/on road sometimes. Also want one that is around 200 $. Thanks

Sambo the distance you can receive on any scanner you purchase is largely determined by the antenna you choose, not by the scanner. A 20 mile reception range is pretty easy but will also change due to temperature inversions, humidity, and other variables.

n9zas

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber

although the radio plays a small part of reception *range*, it's mostly about the antenna. 20-miles is pretty straightforward. what are you interested in monitoring?

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
fire dept. frequencies? which agencies are you interested in? many are moving from conventional analog to digital trunking. we need more info from you in order to give you a good answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.