New Tone on ISPERN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed for a while now that ISP is no longer using the 67.0 PL on their District Chicago base in favor of CSQ, and I know the narrowbanded mobiles use the 156 DPL. Last I had heard, the plan was that the bases would keep the 67.0 PL so they wouldn't interfere with StarCom patches. Anyone know if this is only in District Chicago, or if it's a change in the statewide plan?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was under the impression that change was to be implemented statewide ... but then again? ;)
I have separate entries for both tones.

n9zas

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
D11 dispatch is still using CSQ on ISPERN (vhf), confirmed about an hour ago.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Noticed D11 using 155.475 CSQ on multiple towers through-out district 18 today and yesterday, both D11 and D11 dispatches.

Different from the former normal of 67.0. Assuming it may have to do with narrowbanding of some sort, or allowing all units (tones) to patch through to the SC21 patch.

Just a thought.

(was still getting 67.0 in Springfield a few days ago) D9

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
D15 ISPERN Callsign KSB233

Being a retired police officer, and listening in the past, and currently to ISPERN for many years, it sounds very different to hear ISP D-15 signing KSB233 on ISPERN. They had their own callsign(s) for many years, including but not limited to KAS213, KD6109, and possibly others. Now, they are using D2 Elgin's ISPERN transmitter(s) I believe at Plato Center and Westchester hence signing KSB233.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Being a retired police officer, and listening in the past, and currently to ISPERN for many years, it sounds very different to hear ISP D-15 signing KSB233 on ISPERN. They had their own callsign(s) for many years, including but not limited to KAS213, KD6109, and possibly others. Now, they are using D2 Elgin's ISPERN transmitter(s) I believe at Plato Center and Westchester hence signing KSB233.

They've been doing this for a little while now if I remember correct, but it is still weird to hear.

Also, both D-Chicago and 2 are confirmed using CSQ. Previously the only base that used it around here was Cook County Sheriff. Wonder if this is just temporary or not, it was nice having that tone to cut out interference. Looks like they made the change sometime around New Years.

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
Regarding ISPERN, Are they still using CSQ instead of the uniform tone of 67.0? Something about patch problems/issues with starcom21.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Mobiles are supposed to be transmitting DPL 156 on ISPERN. I don't know how many actually do as it really isn't used that much any more.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I've heard District 2 and District Chicago use 71.9 PL for bases. I've also heard StarCom21 patches ONTO VHF use DCS 156. Cook County Sheriff ISPERN also uses DCS 156.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Looks like 71.9 on ISPERN base for District Chicago, 2, 7, & 16. What is on 17, 9, 5, & 6. I am starting to see a pattern.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I recently heard the Police Helicopter in Chicago on ISPERN, CSQ (no tone) was used. With that, I believe that mobile VHF transmissions continue to be CSQ.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Radioguy37

It was my understanding Mobiles are supposed to be transmitting DPL 156 on ISPERN and receive on Carrier squelch. ISP bases would receive DPL and transmit carrier squelch. The ISP dispatch center wouldn't have to listen to other districts traffic. I would assume (and yes I know what it spells) that the ISP bases dont want to here any cross state traffic or skip also. We did this during narrowbanding.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
It was my understanding Mobiles are supposed to be transmitting DPL 156 on ISPERN and receive on Carrier squelch. ISP bases would receive DPL and transmit carrier squelch. The ISP dispatch center wouldn't have to listen to other districts traffic. I would assume (and yes I know what it spells) that the ISP bases dont want to here any cross state traffic or skip also. We did this during narrowbanding.

That is how it's described in the state interop guide. Mobiles/portables are supposed to be programmed as DPL 156 on transmit and CSQ on receive, meaning it wouldn't matter what tone the base was using or even if it was DPL or CTCSS, it would come through on the mobiles. Some mobiles do still use CSQ though, probably programmed to an old template or they just haven't been updated in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeyC

I wonder if the techs threw a PL on during consolidation to make sure they were only getting ISPERN traffic from a given transmitter then forgot to take it off?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I heard the Cook Co Sherriff on 155.475 the other day using 67.0, no one must have clued them in things have changed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.