Caterpillar East Peoria Mot II system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcook11

Feed Provider
Caterpillar Mossville is also using TRBO now, and have been for around a year or so at least.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Caterpillar freqs

Sorry but I dont understand what a TRBO CAPACITY PLUS SYSTEM is. I dont even know if it matters to
me. I have entered the Caterpillar Frequencies into my scanner using the Mossville site only. Hoping to hear Mossville 40 radio traffic. I assume they share frequencies with East Peoria.

Sorry but I dont understand what a TRBO CAPACITY PLUS SYSTEM is. I dont even know if it matters to
me. I have entered the Caterpillar Frequencies into my scanner using the Mossville site only. Hoping to hear Mossville 40 radio traffic. I assume they share frequencies with East Peoria.

The only way to hear it is to use DSD or DSD+ to decode it. Otherwise you wont hear anything just programming it. All you hear is a machine gun noise. And a dongale. You can get on Motorolas site to find what that system is. Here is a link to the site:Motorola Solutions Homepage - Motorola Solutions USA. HTH.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Anthony,
you said. "The only way to hear it is to use DSD or DSD+ to decode it. Otherwise you wont hear anything". I have a Uniden BCD996XT scanner & use ARCXTPRO software to program my scanner.
with the ARC program I have never had to do anything beyond download from Radio Reference. Are you sure about your response?

Anthony,
you said. "The only way to hear it is to use DSD or DSD+ to decode it. Otherwise you wont hear anything". I have a Uniden BCD996XT scanner & use ARCXTPRO software to program my scanner.
with the ARC program I have never had to do anything beyond download from Radio Reference. Are you sure about your response?

Yes I am sure. That is the only way to monitor it. I have never worked with the software you have.

shadcall

Anthony,

If the system is TRBO your scanner is unable to decode the signals. In fact no scanner currently on the market can decode these signals. What Anthony is referring to is a program you can use along with a discriminator tap to decode these signals. I do not know if the program plus tap will work with this system because I have never used it and am not that familiar with it.

Simply putting the frequencies in from the database does not work with this system because of the type of transmission. If you want more information on using a discriminator tap you can do a search of the forums for more information.

In short you will not be able to monitor Caterpillar.

Status
Not open for further replies.