KANKAKEE METRO BUSES on police freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

coynerl

Premium Subscriber
Why has Kankakee Metro bus services taken over the police frequencies?
Is this temporary. Any way to find those channels specifically?

If I lock them out will I miss police traffic?

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I can only hear Kankakee when the WX conditions permit and there on a analog trunk system....If you programmed it correctly in what ever scanner your using you should be able to separate the "TG's" so you don't hear the busses and just PD.....

coynerl

Premium Subscriber
I dont have the software for this scanner. Programmed manually using frequencies from this website.

Thanks for feedback. I will educate myself on your terminologies.

a417

Doing it by hand is nothing to be ashamed of, some times the programming software is harder anyways.

Did you recall programming in anything like talkgroups, or did you just end up putting in frequencies? If you managed to program in talk groups when you programmed in that analog trunking system, you can enable / lockout the talkgroups (TGID) that you do not want. If you programmed in the trunking system and have it on ID SEARCH option (depending on your scanner) it will pick up everything, and you can lock out what you want....If you just programmed in the frequencies w/o setting up a trunking system and are manually scanning the frequencies, you will have no say over what your scanner picks up.

With a trunking scanner, you will be locking out talk groups...not frequencies, in a trunking system.

a417

You don't have to look into the software, i would just go step by step thru the manual and see if you can correctly program the trunked system in to it, and then the talkgroups you need.

Software requires hardware (programming cable), whilst brainpower just takes time.

go for it.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Did you program it as a trunked system or just put the freqs in raw?

Trunked systems share freqs with many users, they are not assigned to any one user.

coynerl

Premium Subscriber
KANCOM issues

Rich,
II have a new issue. And i always appreciate your feedback.

My BCT8 is not picking up Bradley or Bourbonnais traffic. I have the Butel Arch8 software and have downloaded the information for RR, it is set for trunking.

I get almost everything but those to municipalities.

I pretty sure its not my antenna because my BCD325 works fine at home.

I would like to get this working for my dad and fathers day gift.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

N9JIG

Sheriff
According to the database you should be able to hear them, they are on the same system and it is supposed to be all analog still.

I have not heard of Bourbonnais or Bradley moving off the KanComm system or changed talkgroups etc. but I suppose it is possible.

Check the talkgroup ID's on the 325 and compare them to what you have in the BCT8. You can also try putting the BCT8 into Trunked Search mode to see if they changed talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.