Metro East here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjb16

Premium Subscriber
New guy here looking to keep tabs on what going on in my area. Research is pointing me that I'll need something that can do P25 II ? (forgive me if I don't know the proper term)

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
A p25 capable scanner is a minimum requirement to monitor the east side of St Louis metro. There is still a lot of conventional radio stuff around the counties on the east side, so don't forget them.

tjb16

Premium Subscriber
So I took advantage of the Amazon deal and picked up a BCD325P2. Now I'm at a loss of trying to figure out how to program it. I've looked at using proscan and freescan and it's just not clicking for me. I've tried entering a few of the frequencies from the database here manually but they don't seem to be working.

Anyone willing to help out? If not guess I'll be returning it.

tjb16

Premium Subscriber
Well added this little guy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^

did some type of upload/import via Freescan of some frequencies (learned how to do that from a youtube vid) still nothing.

VASCAR2

I have programmed a couple of the older Uniden Bearcat 325XLT handheld scanners. I usually program by using the key pad. If you have properly set up the system and entered the frequencies for the control channel and alternate control channel you should be able to stop scanning on the control channel and get a data stream from the control channel.

The BCD325P2 can have systems and talk groups locked out in a couple different locations (in the menu). I live on the east side of the state where your on the west side. I'd be willing to meet you half way in Mt Vernon and teach you how to program your scanner manually. It doesn't take very long to set up a system using the key pad.

I'm retired so I'm willing to try and help you get your scanner programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.