Uniden BC-GPSK Serial GPS Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jping

I have a Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Scanner. I live in Jasper County, but work in Effingham County, which operates on VHF and Starcom.

I programmed both county's VHF systems together in a system, and then the Newton tower as a system and Effingham tower as a system. I have the Mason tower programmed as a system, as I occasionally go into that coverage area.

While in the Newton area, I keep Effingham and Mason "locked out" to keep them the scanner from even scanning through those systems and taking up time. About halfway to work, I will unlock Effingham and lockout Newton.

If I get the "Uniden BC-GPSK Serial GPS Receiver for Scanner and Marine Products," will this device know which tower to pull off of, without having to unlock or lockout systems?

Any help is appreciated!!

N9JIG

Sheriff
Yes, that is exactly how it works.

For trunked systems: Program the Sites with the appropriate GPS coordinates and set a range. The radio will turn on the Site when you reach the circled area determined by the GPS point and the range and turn it off when you leave the circle. If the circles overlap both sites will be on when you are in that area.

For conventional systems do the same for the Groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.