Illinois State Fair, ISP talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirechief48

Good morning all ---------- the Illinois State Fair is in full swing. Am getting acclimated to my new Whistler TRX-1 from ZIP Scanners. While it appears all of the ISP Talkgroups have been programmed, I am not hearing any Illinois State Police Fairgrounds STARCOMM traffic. Anyone have an idea what tag or talkgroup they are using?

tnx, in advance, Tim

WD9GHG

You might try the following:

13063 ISP Z2A SpcEvent Special Event - Zone 2A -- Dispatch (State Fair-August in Spfld)*
13064 ISP Z2B SpcEvent Special Event - Zone 2B -- Car-to-Car (State Fair-August in Spfld)*

Wirechief48

Good afternoon WD9GHG ----------- knew I'd seen that somewhere in RRDB, but couldn't find it for all of my searching this morning. Thanks for providing the details. Think I've gotten it loaded correctly. The Whistler manual leaves a lot to be desired.

tnx, Tim

990adv

So the 2018 IL State Fair starts soon. Myself along with some family and friends will be attending. Checking out the ISP vehicles is always high on my list of things to do. Of course listening in on comms is a given.

Any new suggestions from the posts over a year ago? Should that be the only ISP channels I listen to? Last year I heard a lot of comms not at the fairgrounds, maybe I can avoid these comms this year.

I will be listening on a Uniden 436.

I also like to check in on the local Ham repeaters. Guess I will need to surf on over to the IL Repeater Association website for a little radio programming.

Thanks in advance gentlemen.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I would set the 436 to Trunked Search and let it display all active talkgroups. Anything that doesn't appear with a name should be noted and checked against the current list on RadioReference.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
If you plan on listening to Springfield City Police, they may be using the Fire/Public Works P25 system instead of SC21.

Don't forget VHF, including 155.505 for Mobile Extenders.

Illinois State Fire Marshall / Fairground also had a couple VHF repeaters in use, at least at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.