Lake County Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hello All. Today my goal was to program and download the Lake County Police to my 536/436. :roll:

Nothing in life is easy huh? Using Sentinel, I made up a new system, Lake County Police, and QK 3. I simply extracted the channels I wanted from Sentinel and downloaded, after I did all the fine tuning.

Nothing. In fact, I could not even get the quick key to work. Looking around in a happy, euphoric daze, :confused: I noticed there was no Site; This was a P25 system. So, I educated myself how to make a site from scratch, found the frequencies for Lake County South Simulcast, and set about creating one. :D

I downloaded all again to my 536. This time the QK/System was recognized and started scanning. The band plan did not show up in the Sentinel software but is showing in the scanners under "site." I am getting signal strength bars and frequently "DAT" flashes off and on. Now I'm smokin'. :eek: Problem is that I hear nothing except the occasional signal from Waukegan Police, which is, of course, scrambled as all heck. :mad:

I verified the frequencies numerous times between the scanner and the RR database. For that particular site I chose every frequency is there. The normal levels are AUTO, 8, and 400ms.

Any ideas? Possible wrong site, perhaps only control channels, perhaps like most Starcom sites it's not being used and I should use the conventional? Perhaps part of my life would go slightly more toward normal if I sell these things? :twisted:

Thanks all. Greg.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Most of lake County Law Operations are 100 % ENC now. I don't think fire has made the transition yet I hope they are in the clear when they do. I know they have a few clear tgs but they are used rarely. If you want to check your site programming throw in the state police and IDOT they are usually pretty busy and that will let you know how the scanner is decoding the lake County tower for you as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Most of lake County Law Operations are 100 % ENC now. I don't think fire has made the transition yet I hope they are in the clear when they do. I know they have a few clear tgs but they are used rarely. If you want to check your site programming throw in the state police and IDOT they are usually pretty busy and that will let you know how the scanner is decoding the lake County tower for you as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi Gregg... there is no site called "Lake County South Sumulcast." This is the one you want (site 115, Lake County - Simulcast): https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=11563

And yes most everything is encrypted, even animal control and snowplows... except most fire departments are still on analog VHF.

Thanks Guys. I swore I looked at the RR database and there was no encryption; there is today. Obviously I looked at the wrong place. I have a system for both IDOT and State Police...they are always pretty busy. Oh well. I do have a system called "consolidated Dispatch Centers," and they have a few police conventional channels mixed in with Fire for Lake County; always busy.

Thanks again. Have a great Labor Day. Greg

PS: While I am here...do any of you listen to Chicago Speedway when the NASCAR Boys (and girl) are around? Just wondering if its worth programming.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Has "Site 108 been shut off replaced by Site 115 ?...Some lists of Sites on rr.com have showed Site 108 now its gone and awhile back Site 115 was gone ? ...TY

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Hi Ron... yeah, 108 has been gone for a while now since LCSO switched to Starcom... maybe 15 months or so. The frequencies are the same, just the site number changed to 115.

Has "Site 108 been shut off replaced by Site 115 ?...Some lists of Sites on rr.com have showed Site 108 now its gone and awhile back Site 115 was gone ? ...TY

Status
Not open for further replies.