ISP Dist 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqgeek2

While I was listening to my Home Patrol-II I noticed that talk group 13004 appeared on the scanner.

Normally, I would not think twice about it however Springfield is a long way from McHenry County.

I just found this interesting, and I was curious if anyone else experienced this?

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
It was probably a District 9 car in your area (in transit to somewhere) that affiliated with a local STARCOM21 tower. He may have been communicating back to his dispatch to give an update/ETA.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
ISP 9

Yes. There are several Statewide talk-groups that you can hear from time to time. I didn't look up which one it was you listed but I hear IDOT S/W sometimes down in Springfield IL and Lincoln NOAA weather on the ITTF talk-groups when bad weather occurs. I'm up NW of Chicago. The weekend of the Solar Eclipse there were several TGroups where I could hear them talking about traffic leaving between Carbondale IL and Effingham. They were using MABAS S/W talk-groups on that one. It does happen.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Do to the unrest in St Louis after the verdict There's been a lot of activity around the metro east monitoring
the interstates and bridges from the air and on the ground.
They reactivated the "Metro East Joint Information Center " as well as staging area's.
I have heard numerous TG from all over the state that are here with District 11
Some I have never heard before.
Same with MoSwin.

Tom

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Relating to the unrest in St Louis if you plan well you can hear a lot of radio traffic in the clear. Channels that are normally clear are still in the clear and there are many support groups that you can hear. Even some of the enc stuff is 'getting through' sometimes so don't be surprised. Also put your system(s) in the search mode vs the scan mode. I have even heard VHF Lo band traffic on a channel that I thought was not used for years. And I verified it as actually being used. Listened in for over 20 mins.

Unfortunately I can not hear much of Ill TRS traffic because of my location in the city. Maybe if I tried a little harder. Ha ha.

Good luck scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.