Caterpillar dmr

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
when I purchased Uniden BCD536HP, I paid to have them install DMR. I see Caterpillar is DMR. I used ARC536 software to download Caterpillar DMR using Mapleton/Peoria site, and the Peoria TG.but hear nothing. not sure if i need to do anything special to install DMR talkgroups........... My question is Has anyone heard anything on Caterpillar DMR. I live 20 miles north of Peoria

llwade

Premium Subscriber
JohnnyDollar 2 .......... Well that explains that. I was hoping for a Peoria tower location with more power than 5 I was starting to wonder what I was doing wrong when i did not hear anything. Have a great day

nd5y

Coverage maps in the database are meaningless. They don't reflect the real life range of a system.
Just because it has a 5 mile radius does NOT mean you can't hear the system further than that.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Got any tall hills between you and the site? It says 38 antenna structure so that might be a problem but with 100 watts, unknown ERP

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Cat DMR Peoria area

@nd5y - I tend to agree, doesn't mean you can't TRY. I have a 478.000mhz DMR at O'hare Airport that only has that same 5 mile radius map. I'm 13 miles NW of there and CAN get it with a yagi antenna. But that's 478mhz. So if he's up in Chillicothe IL way up in North Peoria County *where I used to live* that's a long haul from the Mapleton/Glasford IL area site for anything that isn't a tower/antenna. Rubber duck or indoor won't get it. Especially 800mhz which is the case in this site. I remember the same OP wanted to get the prison in Pekin too awhile back, but the same transmit radius applied. It's too far unless you have a tall outdoor antenna.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
@llwade - Yeah. Give it a try but that's a long haul from Mapleton IL SITE for 800mhz. Too bad you don't have a tall walk-up tower with rotor like we used to have back in the late 1960s and 1970s over on DAVID ave off of Cloverdale rd when we lived in Chilli. We had a big Zenith Tube radio hooked up to it along with the TV and using the rotor we'd get WQAD TV8 in the Quad cities to see Chuck Acri Creature features. Then use it pointing at Pittsburgh for the radio to get KDKA and the Pirate baseball games. Same for Chicago and WGN9. I'd love to have that antenna still with a scanner antenna on it.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I have lived in Chilli all of my life ( class of 65 ) I remember the tuneable radios very well. Stayed up many a late night tuning up & down the dial. Remember when I got my first XTL Regency Scanner from Smitty the Peo Co Sheriff deputy. that was just the beginning of a wonderful hobby.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Cat DMR

Good old Chillicothe. Lived there from 1969-1972. I was there last summer doing research for a little online project. I attended Pearce GS and my brother went to Pearce and the OLD High School before it became the CEC. Sister went to South and Pearce before we moved in 1972. I was on the 1970 CHILLI BOWL *bowling alley* sponsored Little League team coached by State Policeman ISP 8? Pete McAllister back then. He'd always get a call during practice and take off in his squad car. His son was Steve McAllister who I went to school with and was on little league and majors* Schumacher's* teams during the summer. Steve McAllister went on to play for Bradley U I found out and his son is .... yes, Zach McAllister. I got a kick out of seeing Steve is a Scout/cross checker for MLBaseball and Zach pitched in the World Series against the Cubs. I can't imagine how they felt. Steve and his buddies like Jim Thornton, Razo brothers and Billy Galindo were all big CUB fans. Now here is his son pitching against the CUBS. They used to give my brother and I grief for being SOX fans. Before we moved in 1972, I was on the Pearce Grade School Boy's Basketball team that won the 1972 IESA Boys STATE Lightweight class B Basketball Tournament. The banner used to be at Pearce on the wall next to the 1964 Peace Heavyweight team STATE title from 1964. Anyway, that project I mentioned? I had never found anything on the Internet about our win that year from 1972. Here were all these other GS teams and videos on Youtube but nothing about us. The video of the WIN does exist somewhere. We got to see it before graduation. So did Pontiac JHigh. So I went and did some research in Peoria/Chilli libraries. Here's what I did with it all (link below) public album on Flickr. Each picture has a story to it too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9716266@N05/albums/72157666480570506

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.