CARMA Chicago Meeting January 20 2018 11:00 am

Will You Be Able to Attend the CARMA Meeting on January 20, 2018 at 11:00 am?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
The next CARMA meeting is Saturday, January 20, 2018 11:00 am at Stevens Restaurant, 2393 W 63rd St., Woodridge, IL 60517 630-810-9812.

We have a separate meeting/dining room, individual checks, great food, fantastic service, and an all-around great venue for those interested in attending. RSVP's are not necessary.

Friday Nighter dates are yet to be determined. Stay tuned to the Yahoogroup, Facebook, and Radio Reference.

There will be four luncheon meetings at Stevens Restaurant in 2018. After the January meeting, the rest of the meetings will be held on: April 28, July 7, & October 27, 2018.

Will Sperling W9WSS
CARMA Co-Director / Moderator
Email: carmachicago-owner@yahoogroups.com

Attachments

• stevens-restaurant.jpg
    stevens-restaurant.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 239

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Location of CARMA Meeting January 20 2018 Damaged in Water Incident

Just a heads-up that Stevens Restaurant on 63rd Street in Woodridge suffered a major property loss due to damage from a pipe that burst some time over night from January 1st to early morning January 2, 2018. Someone on the property said that the sprinklers also activated totally water-logging the interior.

It's not known if the facility will be open for business for our CARMA meeting on January 20, 2018. I will keep checking with the Stevens management as we get close to the 20th, and if they won't be open, I'll have an alternate location for our lunch meeting.​

Please keep checking the media that you are reading this message posting (I've cross-posted it to our Yahoogroup, Radio Reference, and Facebook).

Will Sperling W9WSS
CARMA Moderator / Co-Director

Last edited:

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Stevens Restoration in Progress!

I just spoke with one of the owners of Stevens Restaurant in Woodridge (where we hold our Saturday CARMA lunch/meetings), and he said that they would tentatively be opening later in the week, possibly Wednesday or Thursday, the 10th or 11th of January. You may recall from an email I sent out recently that Stevens flooded due to a burst pipe and activation of the overhead sprinkler system over New Years Day. Restoration and rehab is currently active at Stevens, so hopefully we'll still be able to hold our January 20th, 2018 meeting there. I will keep you posted!

Will Sperling W9WSS

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Stevens Restaurant Now Open!

STEVENS RESTAURANT IS OPEN! See everyone at the CARMA Meeting as previously scheduled on January 20, 2018 at 11:00 am. So happy that Stevens Restaurant management and rehab team were able to restore the facility, and open it back up to the public!

Location again is:

Stevens Restaurant
2393 W 63rd Street (just east of I-355)
Woodridge, IL 60517
630-810-9812

Will Sperling W9WSS

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
CARMA Lunch Meeting Results from 1/20/18

We had a good turnout at our meeting on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at Stevens Restaurant. There were approximately 20 in attendance! Even though the Stevens Management "forgot" about our reservation for the private dining room, we did what we could in the main dining area with tables pushed together, and booths for the overflow. Lots of interesting information was passed, and the best part was the meet 'n greet! Thanks to all who attended, and for the next meeting which will be on April 28, 2018 at 11:00 am we were promised the private dining room for our group.

Also stay tuned for possible upcoming "Friday Nighters," which are held sporadically on Friday evenings. Dates, times, and locations will be forthcoming, if they occur at all. I personally do not convene Friday Nighters; Those will be hosted by various members who wish to take the responsibility for those events.

Will Sperling W9WSS

Status
Not open for further replies.