bleed over is getting to much

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Anyone else in the LaSalle County or surrounding areas getting bleed over on FG Blue, Ireach and Point to Point frequencies? Its been going on for the last few months and sounds like river ops or something always giving water/ weather reports to someone it sounds like. Its getting old and annoying .

Last edited:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
So put in PL tones for local FG Blue or Ireach.or just use attenuation on those

MikeyC

Anyone else in the LaSalle County or surrounding areas getting bleed over on FG Blue, Ireach and Point to Point frequencies? Its been going on for the last few months and sounds like river ops or something always giving water/ weather reports to someone it sounds like. Its getting old and annoying .

I believe the transmitter for the US Coast Guard is on Gentleman Rd. on the south side of Ottawa. USCG does a "daily" report on Ch. 22A (157.1000) several times a day with an announcement it's going to happen on Ch. 16 (156.8000). If you're close enough it's going to blast all over the VHF front end of scanners :)

Marseilles FD uses MABAS Blue as their "response channel" (Being dispatched on 154.1900 D155 I think). It used to be CSQ but I'm far enough away now that I don't know if they're using the actual tone now. How / why they're using Blue for day-to-day ops is beyond me (grandfathered in maybe?). Point-to-Point is CSQ and is actually still used down here. IREACH is supposed to have a DCS tone on it but I'm not sure if it's actually in use.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
So put in PL tones for local FG Blue or Ireach.or just use attenuation on those
To the OP:

Do you even have CTCSS/DCS codes programmed into those channels (IF it's possible)? Putting those in should help filter out the other agencies using those freqs or bleeding.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lu81fitter

I've been getting a lot of "skip" or "bleed in" as well. I have tones programmed in. The frequency for Arthur Ambulance (way south towards Carbondale) comes in regularly on the same freq and tone as Eastern Marshall County fire and EMS. In the summer, the skip is worse. Lately, I've been hearing an agency out of Iowa on 155.370. I think it's someone talking to State Police up north of the Quad Cites. Also getting a fire dept from what I believe is Lemont, IL. It's garbled and coming through on Wenona fire freq. (155.385)
I'm in a valley. Maybe some of it is reflection.

MikeyC

My current favorite skip is the Jackson County, Michigan Sheriff Department (https://www.co.jackson.mi.us/167/Sheriff) that operates on 151.4750 (114.8) triggering the mobile extenders of the PD here in Utica 225 miles away (also on 151.4750 (114.8)) :)

The mobile extenders are for LaSalle County SO Secondary (155.1450 (114.8)) so it's lighting up Secondary pretty much all night and most of the morning hours. The signal quality is pretty impressive. I'm not quite sure why the local PD isn't changing the PL on their 4 units. Cost? The fact Jackson County is moving to MPSCS soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.