LAST CARMA Meeting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Come One, Come All! The October 27th, 2018 Meeting will be the LAST regular CARMA meeting! Let's give it a proper sendoff!

After almost 40 years CARMA and RCMA meetings have run their course. Let us remember the good times like all the great handouts, discussions and presentations as well as some of the personalities (Good, bad and weird) of the last several decades of meetings. It has been a great run but the time has passed and we have decided to move on.

We will meet at Steven's Restaurant at 11:00 AM on Saturday, October 27th 2018 one more time. We will reminisce about the past, including our meeting locations like Phillies, the Destiny, Renaissance Nancini's and others, remember those who have passed before us and once again deliver great conversation fellowship.

CARMA will live on with the mailing list, Facebook page and occasional events to be announced here and there.

Please join us!

K7MFC

WRAA720
I was never was able to attend a meeting when I lived in Illinois but you guys were the best! The information CARMA had amassed and made available online was invaluable to a nerdy 16 year old kid with a scanner and a 28k dial up connection.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
CARMA's pages provided me with a lot of good info for my Chicago fire buffing trips in the early 2000s. Without it I would have been in the dark. Although I am in Massachusetts, I would like to thank the group for their work. I know it will live on, but it is sad to see this part of the group to come to an end.

ecps92

I concur with my fellow traveler, with multiple trips per/year to Lisle/Bollingbrook, CARMA and many friends made thru CARMA it has helped and I hope my info [searches etc] have helps.

I always had hope that one of my trips would conincide with a CARMA meeting, but it never occured. Keep up the great REGIONAL info being shared.

CARMA's pages provided me with a lot of good info for my Chicago fire buffing trips in the early 2000s. Without it I would have been in the dark. Although I am in Massachusetts, I would like to thank the group for their work. I know it will live on, but it is sad to see this part of the group to come to an end.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Last reminder for the final CARMA Lunch meeting. I hope many of our old and new friends are able to attend. We will meet in December in the last week for pizza at Papa’s Pizza Place in Woodridge at 83rd & Janes Ave. N/W corner. Rich Carlson will be in town and hopefully our fantastic server “Marion” who works at Papa’s will be on duty that evening.

Also be aware that the carmachicago website will be closing down in 2019. Stay informed via Radio Reference, Facebook, and groups.io.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Final CARMA Meeting WASN'T Top Secret

You mean "must have?" No, it wasn't top secret. It was posted all over Radio Reference, Facebook, and the CARMA io.groups email list, numerous times on each forum. How could that have been "top secret?"

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
A handful of us got together at Papa's Pizza Place (same owners as the former Phillie's Pizza in Willowbrook) in Woodridge on Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 6:00 pm to have a pizza or other delectables from our favorite menu. And, of course, our server was Marion Connors, who was our long-standing server when we gathered at Phillie's for approximately 20 years. Marion was extremely happy to see all of us (I had set it up on an evening that she was working), and took good care of us serving our food. We socialized with Rich Carlson N9JIG, our moderator of many years who was in town for the holidays. All of us reminisced, enjoyed the food, and departed a few hours later. It was a memorable evening, and each attendee had a great time! Who knows? Maybe we can do this when Rich is back in town some time in 2019?

As always, remember the infamous quote from "Father" Ed Sirovy, N9UNP, SK: "......in 1967, the Chicago Fire Department,........"CFD Logo Green 122517-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.