Who is not digital yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trnbuf

Feed Provider
How do you know which town's in southern Illinois have not gone digital as if yet for police/fire frequencies? And which analog ones are still in use or active. I tried to go by the list for each county but I can not tell for sure because some of them have their old analog frequencies still listed.

Thanks for any help...

Danny37

If it says FM/NFM then the frequency is analog. Dmr, p25 etc is digital. Look at the column on the far right of the frequencies in the database.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
When you phrase it like you did, it becomes a bit complicated to answer.

I am going to take a stab at this one from Texas.

First of all, let's make a distinction between "conventional" and "trunked talk groups." For example, Washington County shows a "conventional" frequency of 151.46 with a NAC 293 (like analog CTCSS tone, but P25 digital) or the Sheriff Dispatch. However, if you look above the aforementioned frequency, you will see that it mentions the Sheriff has a talk group (channel on a digital trunking system) on STARCOM21, a P25 digital statewide trunking system. This system shows that the SO transmits on talk group 5376. Sometimes, these VHF frequencies are patched into existing radio systems.

However, the accuracy of the Radio Reference DB makes a huge difference. In some parts of the country, the information is very accurate. But, in other parts of the country radio information has not been submitted for change.

When someone has been diligent in their efforts to keep the RR DB up to date, they will generally put the following word in the tag column on the far right, "deprecated." The 536HP should handle this system fairly well depending on the amount of simulcast distortion present.

There, I hope I explained that ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.