Hancock co IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvradenburg

Anyone know what happened to the Hancock co sheriff office freq of 155.415mhz? all i can get it the ALS Ambulance stuff so i wonder if the sheriff went digital?

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
You're both correct. Most everything is on SC21, with VHF used as a fill in. If I remember right they can and sometimes do simulcast dispatch side only onto VHF, at least from the tower on the north side of Augusta. Sheriff can be heard on all the SC21 sites within Hancock County, although the Augusta site tended to have slightly less traffic than Warsaw and Niota the last few times I was down there - it's all about which site the radios affiliate with. And then some fire agencies - Tri-County FPD for one - still use 155.415 for dispatch.

jvradenburg

This was just a recent change, I always heard them on VHF right up till about 2 weeks ago and never heard them on Star comm during that time

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
They've been using SC21 to one degree or another for about a year now, but they were using both like I said. Talking to my contact out there though she reports they're not on VHF anymore in her part of the county either so they must've finished upgrading everyone and switched over full time.

K9JLR

There has been gradually less traffic on VHF since they switched over to STARCOM. I heard traffic on VHF as recently as the past two weeks, but yes, most primary traffic, if you want to hear everything, is on STARCOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.