MVA with fire on I-70 WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ11DLN

Reported approx 2:10 PM. 2 semis collided at the 19 MM westbound. Both fully involved. Drivers both reported out of their cabs. Contents, shampoo and cardboard in one truck, hams in the other. Fire reported spreading into grass and woods, diesel spill probably carrying it. WB traffic diverted onto SR 59 at Exit 23 to US 40 in Brazil, WB lanes shut down indefinitely. Should make things interesting for the people coming back from the Bridge Festival on SR 59.

DJ11DLN

One injured after fiery Interstate 70 crash | WTHITV.com ****According to State Police (3) trucks were involved.*** only 2 were on fire.
I saw that later on the news. When it came over the scanner they were saying 2 semis, never did refer to a third except that one was parked too close and they were looking for the driver who had apparently got out to help. It sounded like quite a mess. Left lane finally reopened around 5:30, INDOT brought signboards & barrels to keep traffic over because the heat of the fire damaged the road surface and it would need repaired before the right lane could be used. I am about 10 miles due north and I could clearly see the smoke plume.

Status
Not open for further replies.