000155.50500000 1 1 7 MO 85 2.500
000155.50500000 1 1 8 MO 1 6.000
000155.62500000 1 1 9 MO 10 2.000
000155.62500000 1 1 10 MO 1 6.000
000158.79000000 1 1 11 MO 10 2.000
000159.09000000 1 1 12 MO 10 2.000

DiGiTaLD

Mobile Extenders?

A couple of those are easily recognizable. 155.475 is ILEEN (national VHF law enforcement emergency), 155.445 is the old VHF mobile extender frequency that I remember most frequently, and 155.505 was a DOC statewide channel if I recall correctly. Not sure about the others, but its a possibility these all could have been used for mobile extenders, or this could be a license for old VHF portables that were used for interop, mobile extenders, and so on, depending on the channel.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
The License is KA78254 and it was renewed on 11-29-05 and expires on 2-20-2016

I always left in the Point to Point 155.370 and ILEEN 144.475, but the others besides the 155.445 I have never seen before. In the winter time on I-65 I would hear alot of chit chat on the Low Band, and now maybe they are using these as Tac simplex frequencies. I plugged them in, and I will post if I hear anything or get any PL tones.

W9NES

Point to point is still used 155.370, ILEEN 155.475. 155.445 has not been used for quite some time, 155.460 is a statewide ISP SWAT channel.I have heard some Dist 51 troopers using this channel for car to car. 155.505 is listed as Lafayette Dist 14 ISP using this channel in there district.The reason why you are not hearing much radio traffic anymore on point tp point or ILEEN is becuase ofthe use of SAFE-T..Might be a great idea to set up a old programable with these channels and monitor them to see what you can hear statewide.Would other members across the state monitor these channels and let us know what you hear and let us know where in the state you are located.Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Viper43

. 155.445 has not been used for quite some time.

Actually I hear D51 use this often for chit chat between cars, however it is low power. I am on a road the troopers use to go from Pendleton to I 70 so I hear them a lot on it as well as others channels but can't remember which off hand.

V

brentoli

Deactivated Duplicate Account
Banned
Get an antenna with some height to it and Pt to Pt is the busiest radio frequency in the state by far.

*BEEEEEEP*
District 51 units...
*BEEEEEEP*
District 45 units...
*BEEEEEEP*
District 52 units...

All I hear all night long.

W9NES

I have a antenna that is up high and on 155.370 it is not very active like it used to be.In the Indianapolis area.Most of the point to point traffic to the counties is on talkgroup JMA 1.I have heard Dist 52 talking to Boone and Johnson Counties.This varies between the counties who have point to point and safe-t.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Get an antenna with some height to it and Pt to Pt is the busiest radio frequency in the state by far.

*BEEEEEEP*
District 51 units...
*BEEEEEEP*
District 45 units...
*BEEEEEEP*
District 52 units...

All I hear all night long.

That's being fixed by Motorola and Owens Tuesday. It's an old Analog Tg trying to connect to the tower and talk without a DEX code attatched. Owens tried to remove all of Johnson Counties Analog tg's out of the consoles and that's what happened. It will be fixed. If you notice it happens every hour on the hour. About ten minutes before the hour and continues until about ten minutes after the hour. Try having an ear piece in your ear dispatching and having that crap in your ear for 10-20 minutes every hour. This is a top priority to get fixed statewide.

brentoli

Banned
What does the individual posts putting out dispatches have to do with Johnson county and a TG?

That is every post putting out a dispatch after a IDACS broadcast goes out. They use the alert tone before they start talking.

I don't know how high your antenna is W9NES but there are times where I have to wait a couple of min. to get on point to point because of all the traffic.
Over night we can hear Lowell and Peru, Putnamville, and several other districts all on point. Can also hear, and have talked to, Allen county cleanly on point before.

DiGiTaLD

What does the individual posts putting out dispatches have to do with Johnson county and a TG?
I think we're getting alert tones confused with console busy tones here. I think the problem he's referring to is dispatchers getting busy tones when they try to transmit on point to point, something I think I described here.

Point to point is still a very active channel if you have a decent antenna setup. In the Indianapolis area, you'll probably only hear maybe three ISP posts on it if you're using just a back of set antenna on your scanner. It also depends on the post and the dispatcher working. Some will simultaneously transmit broadcasts on point, and some won't. Where I live and with my setup (VHF ringo up about 40 feet AGL, fed with 9913 to a Yaesu FT2600 that I use as a 2m base and scanner for what little VHF public safety there is in my area), I most frequently hear Pendleton, Putnamville, Versailles, Connersville, and if they decide to use it, Indianapolis. The ISP posts are blowtorches compared to most counties. Johnson County's point base station used to be awesome back in the VHF high band days, but since the SAFE-T migration it is rarely used and seems to have fallen into disrepair. I can't remember the last time I heard them on point. If they have to talk to ISP now they just use J-MA1, which is ridiculous in a way, since they're going wireline console to wireline console. Other than providing information to units in the field that might be scanning the talkgroup, the traffic doesn't really even need to go over a voice channel on the system.

Last edited:

brentoli

Banned
Yeah... not all counties have SAFE-T radios in their dispatch center. =)

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber

That is every post putting out a dispatch after a IDACS broadcast goes out. They use the alert tone before they start talking.

I don't know how high your antenna is W9NES but there are times where I have to wait a couple of min. to get on point to point because of all the traffic.
Over night we can hear Lowell and Peru, Putnamville, and several other districts all on point. Can also hear, and have talked to, Allen county cleanly on point before.

I thought he was talking about the beeps coming from the consoles. That was the issue I was refering to.

EFJohnson318

A buddy of mine spoke with a good friend of his who is a trooper. They use 155.445 as a chit chat channel when running radar. When they were still in use as a mobile extender frequency, I could be driving down the highway and start hearing traffic on 155.445. You knew a trooper was close. Normally you'd end up seeing one within a mile or so either coming at you or in the median. I hate to admit it but their mobile extenders saved me from getting a few speeding tickets.

Since 155.370 was brought up. I've frantically been looking for the quick call tone codes that ISP use on 155.370 for severe weather alerts. I can't find this info anywhere. I want to stick it in a Minitor IV pager. Does anyone know what the codes are????

Last edited:

KC9MGL

Point to Point

I know here in Tippecanoe County,Pt to Pt is still very active,with ISP Dist 14,and a hand full of other counties such as White County,Benton,Warren and Carroll counties.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
I still use Point to Point in Johnson County, but hardly ever get a response back. I attempted to contact Morgan County twice tonight and never got an answer. it's easier for me to use the radio instead of the phones. Around Central Indiana I usually can get Shelby County to answer me, but it seems as if everyone else has turned it down, or got rid of it all together.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
A buddy of mine spoke with a good friend of his who is a trooper. They use 155.445 as a chit chat channel when running radar. When they were still in use as a mobile extender frequency, I could be driving down the highway and start hearing traffic on 155.445. You knew a trooper was close. Normally you'd end up seeing one within a mile or so either coming at you or in the median. I hate to admit it but their mobile extenders saved me from getting a few speeding tickets.

Since 155.370 was brought up. I've frantically been looking for the quick call tone codes that ISP use on 155.370 for severe weather alerts. I can't find this info anywhere. I want to stick it in a Minitor IV pager. Does anyone know what the codes are????

In what area were they used? I never heard them around Johnson County. Maybe just the State Police posts had the two-tones installed.

Viper43

I still use Point to Point in Johnson County, but hardly ever get a response back. I attempted to contact Morgan County twice tonight and never got an answer. it's easier for me to use the radio instead of the phones. Around Central Indiana I usually can get Shelby County to answer me, but it seems as if everyone else has turned it down, or got rid of it all together.

Not sure they are allowed to just dump it, and if the dispatch center is like the one I worked at turning down any channel except during a serious emergency was grounds for firing.

V

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Not sure they are allowed to just dump it, and if the dispatch center is like the one I worked at turning down any channel except during a serious emergency was grounds for firing.

V

Well you can only listen to so many channels or tg's. I am usually multi selected on about 10 or so in my ear at one time. That's about 9 too many if you ask me, but the multi-tasking is something you live with. If something major happens (911 call) I just turn my monitor box down and go on.

Viper43

lol, try 10 seperate radios, a scanner and a phone with 10 lines, just one dispatcher, no one else to help out. The chief used to get po'ed because I could be working three police calls a few fire calls and talk on the phone to callers and still know what was going on on each radio as well as the TV :) Oh, there were 2 computers too, one for incidents and one that was for the statewide system/NCIC, still wouldn't miss a beat! No turning a monitor box down, took too long to turn each radio down.....

V

Radio_Cowboy

Has anyone heard ISP District 33 (Bloomington) dispatch on any of the VHF freq's in a while? Point/ILEEN/whatever? I drove past the post last weekend on the way to lake Monroe, and I could have sworn it looked like the antenna's were off the tower. I didn't have time to stop and confirm, but it looked like the old lowband groundplane as well as the VHF dipole array was gone, and even the little tower in front of the post is empty. Not sure what that had....CB?

On another note.... the DNR is still active on lake Monroe on 159.24, 159.465 as well as SAFE-T. Labor day was very busy down there, and sometimes south region would call an officer on Safe-T and the officer would reply on VHF. I also heard conservation officers pop up on Brown county's VHF repeater a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.