Warrick Co. receiving a safer communication system for law enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro249

Feed Provider
From

Warrick Co. receiving a safer communication system for law enforcement - 14 News, The Tri-State's News and Weather Leader-

WARRICK CO, IN (WFIE) - The first line of response in an emergency is communication. For law enforcement that means getting crucial information from dispatchers, information that could mean the difference between life and death for them.

Newburgh Police Chief Brett Sprinkle says calling for back up on his portable radio is like playing the lottery. Sometimes the signal is strong and the call goes through, but other times he'll hit a dead zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

spooney

I am hearing a "New" Safe-T control channel today. 868.9625 SID: A40C - 0020. This could possibly be Warrick County. The Safe-T database lists site A40C - 0020 as Bramble in Martin County, but I doubt that I'm receiving a signal from that far away. Is anyone else in Southwest Indiana receiving this control channel signal?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
It is Boonville Site.Real weak signal for me.

I am hearing a "New" Safe-T control channel today. 868.9625 SID: A40C - 0020. This could possibly be Warrick County. The Safe-T database lists site A40C - 0020 as Bramble in Martin County, but I doubt that I'm receiving a signal from that far away. Is anyone else in Southwest Indiana receiving this control channel signal?

Last edited:

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Can you post for us the voice channels when you start to hear traffic?
Odd to me not a rebanded site?
thanks

QUOTE=spooney;1371351]I am hearing a "New" Safe-T control channel today. 868.9625 SID: A40C - 0020. This could possibly be Warrick County. The Safe-T database lists site A40C - 0020 as Bramble in Martin County, but I doubt that I'm receiving a signal from that far away. Is anyone else in Southwest Indiana receiving this control channel signal?[/QUOTE]

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Boonville Site

Boonville site to go live to users at 1:00PM today.
Spooney let us know what you hear and freq etc.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Let me know if it's still reporting as site 20. We very well could have Bramble wrong in the DB. If so, I'll make the change and hopefully someone can check out Bramble as well.

btw...great catch :)

Last edited:

spooney

Voice channels heard so far: 866.6625 & 867.3875. It's not just Warrick County. ISP Dist 34 & 35 Disp is using the site also. ScannerFreak it is still showing SID: A40C - 0020.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Please check boonville site has 5 freq I have been told.
Let me know if it's still reporting as site 20. We very well could have Bramble wrong in the DB. If so, I'll make the change and hopefully someone can check out Bramble as well.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The site is only licensed for 4, that I can find anyway. If someone finds more with Unitrunker, etc. let us know and we'll get it added. I also changed it to site 20. Thanks for the conformation on that spooney :)

We need someone to look at Bramble if anyone reading this is near there and has the ability to check the site number. I'm guessing that it's site 21.

Newburgh will likely be 31, 32 or 35.

Last edited:

spooney

I was in Martin County today with my 396xt and was able to confirm the Bramble control channel 859.4375 is displaying SID: A40C - 0017. Now that makes Corydon, (Harrison County) incorrect in the database. Harrison County is in Zone 3 (A40B) not Zone 4 (A40C). It could possibly be SID: A40B - 0009.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.