Hospital and Helo Name change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper43

Clarian Health now becomes IU Health. This also affects Riley has already changed it's sign and Lifeline Helicopter has been repainted to IU colors and IU Lifeline. The new name will be dedicated today at a ceremony.

Clarian Health adopts a new identity - 13 WTHR

Guess we need to update some names in our scanners.

** I do like the paintjob on Lifeline :)

Last edited:

W9NES

Westview hospital on the Indianapolis NW side at 38Th and Guion Road is being sold to Community Hospital.Westview Hospital's new name will be Community West.Tim DeLong W9NES/ GMRS KAF3207/**Monitoring all of Metro Indianapolis/Marion County and Central Indiana and The World from**The Northwest Communications Center**

W9NES

Lifeline is still Lifeline.Clarian Health System which includes all the hospitals under the Clarian umbrella are now IU Health.They also have had new commericals on the tv today 1-24-2011 Monday to reflect the new changes.

Viper43

I'M SO CONFUSED..... :confused: :D

Whats so confusing? If it's Methodist just add IU Methodist, IU Riley, Clarion Health offices become IU Health and Lifeline becomes IU Lifeline. It aint rocket science. Methodist has pretty much been IU for years anyway. I have to say it's one of the best hospitals I have been in.

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Adam, Thank You but there was nothing wrong.

Westview hospital on the Indianapolis NW side at 38Th and Guion Road is being sold to Community Hospital.Westview Hospital's new name will be Community West.Tim DeLong W9NES/ GMRS KAF3207/**Monitoring all of Metro Indianapolis/Marion County and Central Indiana and The World from**The Northwest Communications Center**

Tim, just a thought here, maybe you could put:

"Tim DeLong W9NES/ GMRS KAF3207/**Monitoring all of Metro Indianapolis/Marion County and Central Indiana and The World from**The Northwest Communications Center*"

in your signature instead of including it in each message you post. It is a little hard to read some of your messages :)

Last edited:

K9WG

Whats so confusing? If it's Methodist just add IU Methodist, IU Riley, Clarion Health offices become IU Health and Lifeline becomes IU Lifeline. It aint rocket science. Methodist has pretty much been IU for years anyway. I have to say it's one of the best hospitals I have been in.
But, it's almost as confusing and what name is my bank this week..... :D

Viper43

But, it's almost as confusing and what name is my bank this week..... :D

Banks are another story.....at least hospitals have around 10 years between changes.....a bank can change names 5 times in 10 seconds!

holeinace

It is confusing for me when hospitals do not change names. I believe St. Johns in Anderson is actually St. Vincent who is owned by ???????? (can't think of the name right now)

W9NES

You are CORRECT!!!! St.Johns Hospital in Anderson is under St.Vincents. St.Vincents has hospitals now all across the State of Indaina. Clinton County Hospital in Frankfort is now St.Vincent's Hospital Frankfort

pickles37

I just saw an ambulance on a run in Bloomington today, and did a double take - looked like some combination of a fire rescue truck and a hearse. Turns out BHAS ambulances are now "IU Health Emergency Medical Transport Service". Not sure if all of the trucks have the new paint job. I found this on the web - see the last picture. Bloomington Hospital Now IU Health Bloomington Hospital | News - Indiana Public Media

So I suppose technically BHAS is no more - although it's still the ambulance service for (IU Health) Bloomington Hospital I think

David

bamx2

Premium Subscriber
It is confusing for me when hospitals do not change names. I believe St. Johns in Anderson is actually St. Vincent who is owned by ???????? (can't think of the name right now)

St.Vincent is a member of Ascension Health, the nation’s largest not-for-profit Catholic Healthcare System. Our hospital system is the state’s largest healthcare employer, with 20 health ministries serving 46 counties in central Indiana.

St.Vincent Health is dedicated to the Spirit of Caring, guided by core values that reflect our commitment to quality, compassion and affordability in healthcare. Throughout St.Vincent Health, the ageless mission of St.Vincent de Paul remains unchanged: to minister to the bodies, minds and spirits of those in need.

About Us - St.Vincent Health

holeinace

I just saw an ambulance on a run in Bloomington today, and did a double take - looked like some combination of a fire rescue truck and a hearse. Turns out BHAS ambulances are now "IU Health Emergency Medical Transport Service". Not sure if all of the trucks have the new paint job. I found this on the web - see the last picture. Bloomington Hospital Now IU Health Bloomington Hospital | News - Indiana Public Media

So I suppose technically BHAS is no more - although it's still the ambulance service for (IU Health) Bloomington Hospital I think

David

There was one at St V the other day but I can't remember if it was Carmel or 86th

KidClerk

Feed Provider
I'm old enough to remember when ambulances WERE hearses!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.