911 Advisory Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidClerk

Feed Provider
I'm interested in the names of any counties that utilize a board to govern 911 and/or dispatch instead of direct supervision by the sheriff. County names would be great....any documents used by those counties would be awesome.

Thanks for any help you can give.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Try a Google search for ETSB or Emergency Telecommunications Board. That should get you a bunch of hits out of Illinois. You can also check the FCC ULS for "911 Board" or similar terms such as "County Communications" or "Emergency Communications".

You can also hit Alt F and search for 911 here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoX8tpb0l73sdEowN2Z2NjN6WTVvUnh4NTNWTXo2eHc - I see items from several states - you would have to do some further research to see specifically how they are govererned

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I know Elkhart County Communications is run by an advisory board. From what I've heard they are one of the very few in the state.

Daniel

Fulton County is a combined dispatch and did have a seperate governing board, but I am not sure that is the case presently? Perhaps KB9WSL is watching I know he would have the answer to that.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Hendricks County has a combined dispatch with a governing board and a technical committee.

k9ksb

Tipton county has a advisory board of fire ems and police representatives and then the executive board makes final decision

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
While searching for something else this afternoon, I discovered a page on the Hendricks Communications web site that provides a complete org chart for the governing board, operations board, and technical committee:

Administration

zerobleu

Hamilton County uses a 9-1-1 Advisory board but to my knowledge they do not play direct role in the decision making process... The Hamilton County Communications Center is supervised by a Department Director who is appointed by the County Commissioners and as of January 2012 they are no longer under the wing of the Sheriff's Office. With the impending dispatch consolidation there will be an "advisory board" consisting of appointed personnel from the user agencies that will contribute to the decision making process but will still be under the ultimate control of the HC Board of Commissioners.

(This is what we've been told (as dispatchers) and this information is subject to change (likely daily...))

KidClerk

Feed Provider
This is EXACTLY what I'm interested in...to see how counties move supervision and control from the sheriff to the commissioners with an advisory board making recommendations and providing information to help determine protocol, etc. I will need to look further into Hamilton County's operation and the others who have been mentioned here. Thank you all for your input!

Hamilton County uses a 9-1-1 Advisory board but to my knowledge they do not play direct role in the decision making process... The Hamilton County Communications Center is supervised by a Department Director who is appointed by the County Commissioners and as of January 2012 they are no longer under the wing of the Sheriff's Office. With the impending dispatch consolidation there will be an "advisory board" consisting of appointed personnel from the user agencies that will contribute to the decision making process but will still be under the ultimate control of the HC Board of Commissioners.

(This is what we've been told (as dispatchers) and this information is subject to change (likely daily...))

djl998

Delaware County's is a joint operation of the county and the city of Muncie. It's governed by a board, which appoints an executive director.

Status
Not open for further replies.