Need Help Program Pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublet

Anyone at or near lafayette , that can clone or program a Pro 197 for my area . Willing to pay to get it done right ;

W9NES

Check with Radio Shack in your local area. Cloning is using a cable from a scanner this is set up to another scanner.Radio Shack will do this for you for no charge.Ask the store manager. I just talked to the Radio Shack store at 2415 Sagamore parkway south(In the mall) on Tuesday 1/22/13 and talked to Mark. He said they can clone your scanner in the store and no cost involved. You can call the store at 1-765-447-4211. Hope this helps. Best Reguards,

Last edited:

W9NES

A lot of people do not know that Radio Shack will clone the scanner if it was bought from them as a new scanner with a paid receipt. Less than 10 mins the scanner will be working for the customer to hear what is going on the in local area.This is based on the working scanner in the store.A lot of people are not aware that they have to program the scanner themselves.Radio Shack faills to tell them that they have to buy a computer program with a cable and is only good for 30 days. If you do not use the program whitin the 30 days the computer program will not work.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
ka3jjz is correct, it's best to learn to program it yourself.

If any radio systems in the area change (which is very likely these days), you will be able to make changes and tweaks yourself without having to rely on a third party.

Myself, speaking from experience, I would never bring anything of mine to Radio Shack for any reason.

Doublet

Pro 197

I did have radio shack program it , It is not hearing right yet .

Doublet

Pro 197

I still have not figured out how to work it yet . I use to be a payed member , but due to the self centered few , who can only answer a post with a smart reply . i never renewed . Most groups (forums) i have belonged to , try to help one another . is not all true here . am 71 not computer smart , but i will keep trying to program it , or mess it up .

pro197

if you were in cleveland Ohio i would program your scanner i own a pro-197,BCD-396XT and a GRE-800 i would be glad to always help someone whos not able to make a scanner work its a little work but in the long run its GREAT to monitor your scanner.

Doublet

Pro 197

Thank you David . for your decent offer and reply . Would take you up on offer if there .

KB1UAM

I don't mean to hi Jack this thread. But I can't for the life of me find out how to turn on the other lists???? To put other channels in them.

KI5FKE

Premium Subscriber
I still have not figured out how to work it yet . I use to be a payed member , but due to the self centered few , who can only answer a post with a smart reply . i never renewed . Most groups (forums) i have belonged to , try to help one another . is not all true here . am 71 not computer smart , but i will keep trying to program it , or mess it up .

I own an RS Pro-106, which is the portable version of the Pro-197, and like davidzimmerman, I would be glad to help also. And yes, there are some that can give a smart reply...

ind224

What do you want to hear? I will assume Safe T for your area as well as Tippy Co. We can do this by hand. Populating custom alphas are much easier to do on a computer but at least you can start hearing. PM a phone number.

Doublet

Your very welcome its way easy for me to program scanners with my computer its more easy to program a Motorola radio than a scanner but you learn from playing with it but i love my scanners and always try to help people my friend just got a like new pro-197 he as like you knows not how to program the scanner hes going to drop it off so i can program what he likes to monitor in the scanner thats what friends are for helping with out asking or looking for money.

wingmaker

I understand some people lack compassion and understanding for there fellow brothers and sisters. So you got it programmed, make sure you got the Scanlist on that you got your info in, You should also see a T in the corner if scanning trunked systems, witch Im sure you would be with Tippy and The State system. Im sure you should here Tippy often, I would think it is a pretty active system. Let us know how its going and we will try to help you.

I don't mean to hi Jack this thread. But I can't for the life of me find out how to turn on the other lists???? To put other channels in them.

You press the Numbers to turn Scanlist off or on, there are other ways but that is the most simple. You got to program your channels by pressing F1 with NEW above it then pick TGRP for a trunking system and use Conv. for regular frequencies and when you choose one or the other you press select button by the scanlist # you want, when you press select you will put a little star next to the Scanlist and you will have to do it for every object you want in that Scanlist. Like with my PSR 310 witch is pretty much identical programming wise as your Pro 197 and in the First Scanlist I put regualar Conv. freqs then in the next I put a trunking system and the next another trunking system and so on and so forth.

LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Last edited:

usswood

I would make u a template but I don't think a PSR500 template can be converted for a 197 or can it, has anyone tried it?

Doublet

Pro 197

Guy at RS thinks it is the scanner , am supose to get another one once he gets on in . guess time will tell . one good thing i can return for money back with in 30 days

Doublet

Pro197

ind224 , is going to try and talk me threw loading it on the phone , once i get the new one in . i sure hope i can do it .

Status
Not open for further replies.