Unidentified Remote Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
Anybody have any ideas as to what this station's purpose might be? I ran Close Call on all bands that my 996XT can receive but got no hits.

Last edited:

nd5y

The corner reflector is a 75 MHz marker beacon antenna. It is not surprising that you can't get a close call hit. They only transmit about 250 mW and the signal radiates straight up in the air. The wires in the background are a LF NDB antenna. The marker beacon transmits beep tones on 75.0 MHz AM mode. If you post what airport is is near I can tell you what frequency the NDB uses. It will be between 190-530 kHz AM mode and probably only sends a CW ID.

Last edited:

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, FWA is a little bit north of that location. Thanks for the info, guys.

W9NES

Same location set up west of Michigan Road east of Zionsville Road on 96Th street near the Boone/Marion County line on the northwest side of Indianapolis.

navaidstech

The two Yagi antennas are actually beaming in their respective directions to enlarge the "capture" area of the marker beacon.
The shack houses both Outer Marker (75 MHz) and NDB transmitters (below the BCB band). The wire going up is the actual radiator with the horizontal wires forming a capacitance hat.

Alex- VE3GOP
Alex's Longwave Page

Status
Not open for further replies.